The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Travis Rice Officially Named “King Of The Hill”

TRice: It’s good to be the King

Quiksilver rider Travis Rice made official this weekend what people have been saying since his win at the Quiksilver Natural Selection and the premiere of That’s It, That’s All: He is the King of the Hill. With innate confidence and skill, Travis convincingly won Alaska’s King of the Hill as the event ran for the first time in over a decade.

“It’s great to see this event finally return to snowboarding,” says Rice. “Conditions were all time and the venue was spot on for a long overdue AK shred contest. Everyone there threw down - it was a great day for snowboarding. I hope to see this event grow to what it once was in the years to come.”

Held in Bro Bowl outside of Valdez, Alaska on Thompson Pass, the competition’s terrain featured narrow chutes, wind lips, cliff lines, and cornices. After dropping off a big Method off the first cornice, Rice charged into a wind lip with speed. The Jackson-native’s run was highlighted by a 70-foot backside 720, which he landed solidly. His run finished with straight lining down a three-foot wide chute before riding out of a rocky section. Rice finished in first in front of friends Rob Kingwill and Scotty Lago.

Following the weekend’s contest, Rice will stay in Alaska looking for the bluebird days to head out and film for his next two-year epic project, Flight. He’ll be in Whistler next week during the TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival to attend a pop-up for AsymbolGallery.com, a new online gallery that he’s created with snowboarder/artist, Mike Parillo.

In 2010/11 Rice has a full collection of Quiksilver signature gear, which he designed and tested with the Quiksilver design team to excel in any condition or circumstance. Look for Gore-Tex outerwear, backcountry packs, Italian-made orbicular goggles, outerwear designed with 100% recycled polyester and more.

Check out Rice and the entire Quiksilver snow team at Quiksilver.com/snow where you’ll also find weekly episodes of the Todcast, hosted by Quiksilver rider, Todd Richards.

Link here

there’s a vimeo video of travis rice’s run on the espn site but I forget where it is. It’s pretty sick.

i saw that vid the other week…so sweet, is there nothing travis cant do? Shaun white really does not have much even with his pipe skills when you compare him to the likes of T.rice

so much raw power with super smooth style!

anyone know what jacket hes wearing? its pretty madd [=

I just checked the Quiksilver website, couldn’t find that jacket anywhere. It could be a limited issue just for TRice.

yeah i checked it aswell before posting ahha…

damm… wouldve been a good seller i rekon haha

That jacket is awesome
T Rice is pretty awesome too