The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Spot check: Leichhardt Park with A Loose Alliance.

Most of the pro teams edits only show the big parks (and like us,most snowboarders are just as interested in stuff they can actually hit), quite a few people on BW have been asking what the intermediate parks are like this year, so we took a few quick laps through the intermediate park at Perisher, Australia to show you (watch in HD).

Park Review: 3/5 stars

Pros: A lot of snow for early season and very well groomed.

Cons: As always the long turn around time and the one t-bar servicing the park…...the actual park takes up about 1/8th of the run. There seems to be enough snow add to another 3 jumps in the jump line further down.

Great idea. Nice edit too! Park looks pretty fun.

Who was that riding?

im guessing from the facebook post Duane Byrnes?

BOOM! that front 3 off his toes was sick!

Sick edit mate. Great idea. WIll see if I can get a spot check done at Falls.

yeah that is our mate Danger Mouse, otherwise known as Duane Byrnes. He is a freak! If you look at the Loose alliance youtube page, you can see his sponsor me vid from a few years ago, which was amazing considering it was after only his 2nd season of riding.

rider26 - 10 July 2012 03:01 AM

Great idea. Nice edit too! Park looks pretty fun.

Who was that riding?

I was thinking about sending you a message about putting a BW logo on it as well but wasn’t sure it was up to scratch. wanted to film a whole lot more that day but another mate blew his knee and after lunch was a right off.

Duane was riding for me that day. I’ve got him keen to sign up to Boardworld this year. Last year he actually landed some cool flying squirrels but didn’t get signed up…silly bastard.

deanobruce - 10 July 2012 03:05 AM

Yeo it says that at the end of the clip.

Rider did you just admit to not watching it the whole way through????

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 10 July 2012 03:08 AM

Thanks! I had the idea for a while but have never really done it properly. Hopefully I can get one done in all the NSW parks…..would be good to see the VIC ones done! how the hell did you know I posted the vid up on vimeo before I even know it had uploaded? hahah

yeh it was pretty nice. He was in the front park later doing this weird variation off his toes and corked. whould be nice if there was a few more jumps in that jump line though….maybe ill do a review under the vid actually

ozgirl - 10 July 2012 03:17 AM

either he hadn’t watched the clip as of yet, or like me, he saw the off the toes front 3 and paused it and went “f*ck yeh” and wanted to know who it was.

CRACKERS - 10 July 2012 03:23 AM

yeh it was pretty nice. He was in the front park later doing this weird variation off his toes and corked. whould be nice if there was a few more jumps in that jump line though….maybe ill do a review under the vid actually

will be better on ce they install the boxes/rails further down the line at Leichardt.
Those down boxes/rails were my fav (after the jumps of course, more of a booter guy then rails)

CRACKERS - 10 July 2012 03:19 AM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 10 July 2012 03:08 AM

Thanks! I had the idea for a while but have never really done it properly. Hopefully I can get one done in all the NSW parks…..would be good to see the VIC ones done! how the hell did you know I posted the vid up on vimeo before I even know it had uploaded? hahah

haha, I logged into vimeo to load something myself, and your vid was in my feed as recently added

you can film me and put that at the end of the park review in the crash section…

ozgirl - 10 July 2012 03:17 AM

Haha. I did watch the whole thing. Didn’t take note of the credits. I just assumed it was music credits. My bad. teacherboy

deanobruce - 10 July 2012 03:24 AM

will be better on ce they install the boxes/rails further down the line at Leichardt.
Those down boxes/rails were my fav (after the jumps of course, more of a booter guy then rails)

yeh I agree. I think they could have more jumps up further down the line already as well. I’d quite happily hit the jump line all day and not go near the rails hahah

Sweet little edit, CRACKERS!!!!!

And Duane sure does have a niccceee style!!!!!