The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Favourite Quotes!

What are some of your favourite quotes that either get you motivated or make you love life?

I saw these two on the weekend in Margaret River and loved them ^_^

“Great restaurants are, of course, nothing but mouth-brothels. There is no point in going to them if one intends to keep one’s belt buckled.”
~Frederic Raphael

“Cheese.  Milk’s leap toward immortality”
~Clifton Fadiman

Hahahahaaa!!!!!

When you go into court you are putting your fate into the hands of twelve people who weren’t smart enough to get out of jury duty.
—Norm Crosby

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer.

My favourite from pumping iron;

Arnold Schwarzenegger: The greatest feeling you can get in a gym, or the most satisfying feeling you can get in the gym is… The Pump. Let’s say you train your biceps. Blood is rushing into your muscles and that’s what we call The Pump. You muscles get a really tight feeling, like your skin is going to explode any minute, and it’s really tight - it’s like somebody blowing air into it, into your muscle. It just blows up, and it feels really different. It feels fantastic. 

It’s as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I’m getting the feeling of coming at home, I’m getting the feeling of coming backstage when I pump up, when I pose in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it’s terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven.

LOL

I didn’t go to college, but if I had, I would’ve taken all my tests at a restaurant, because the customer is always right.

and

If you find yourself lost in the woods, fuck it, build a house. “Well, I was lost but now I live here! I have severely improved my predicament!”

- Mitch Hedberg (RIP 1968-2005)

LOL

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
? Friedrich Nietzsche

bracer - 10 July 2012 01:42 AM

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.”
? Friedrich Nietzsche

The Psyche Ward?????

Hahaha, yeah I have to loosen the straight jacket restraints to type on the keyboard

How about this one:

If a man says something and theres no woman there to hear him .... is he still wrong????

(ducks for cover) hehehe

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”
-Albert Einstein

snowdragon - 10 July 2012 01:51 AM

“Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds”
-Albert Einstein

very good!

Can’t remember where this is from but I’ve always remembered it…

Don’t let your fears stand in the way of your dreams.

bracer - 10 July 2012 01:48 AM

Hahaha, yeah I have to loosen the straight jacket restraints to type on the keyboard