The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Pop jump and timing help

I need some help on popping harder jumping higher and sucking in my knees
And getting the timing right with the pop and jump plz help

Hey mate, what exaclty are you having problems with? Whats going wrong or (not) happening?

I’m Just barely popping the board and when I get a good pop I’m not jumping high enough and when I get a good Ollie it’s barely off the ground

Cool. Any chance of throwin up some footage of a couple of trys?

It could be your foot position. A lot of peole when learning to ollie have their front foot way too forward (cos they dont have the best balance yet) which doesnt allow you to drag up properly, limits the pop and makes it hard to get any height

Sorry but I don’t have any thing to film with and I have my front foot in the middle a little closer to the back bolts but I’m having problems with popping then jumping do I jump and at the peak of my jump do I pop it?

Hey mate, have you watched our trick tip on how to ollie?

Alright thanks I’ll just keep tryin and do my best thanks

Muzakandskating - 10 July 2012 02:37 AM

Sorry but I don’t have any thing to film with and I have my front foot in the middle a little closer to the back bolts but I’m having problems with popping then jumping do I jump and at the peak of my jump do I pop it?

The jump and the pop happen at the same time. Back foot and front foot are moving in oposite directions to start with. Back foot down and front foot up. Have a watch of Mitch’s trick tip and see if that helps

Muzakandskating - 10 July 2012 02:37 AM

I find it easier to ollie with my front foot closer to the front bolts, like in the Mitch Faber video. It might be just a personal preference though

just got a proffesional 7.75 board, after having a junior size board, its harder to ollie now :(

Thanks everyone I finally got my Ollie down although I do them better switch but my regular ones are getting better

great to hear you’re improving, just keep practicing

thanks now to find a gap