The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Has anyone been having problems with the site lately?

rider26 - 06 July 2012 03:41 AM

Working OK now, Dan?

Yep, no problems now.

Dan83 - 08 July 2012 08:48 AM
rider26 - 06 July 2012 03:41 AM

Working OK now, Dan?

Yep, no problems now.

RCspaniel, we are working on all those issues. The new website will have a lot more photo upload / embed options. You will be able to upload your photos directly to Boardworld. We are also working on a phone app for the forums.

Hey all, I’m still getting Multiple threat detection Notifications, consistantly, but when I try to acces location or take care of them, i get a message that they don’t exist or have been removed.  Leave it to the American to keep up with being annoying hmmm

Hmmmm I’m not getting any of those problems anymore .... running smooth

BW was timing out for me this evening, finally got on

Sometimes my replies don’t post when I’m using the Opera app on my iPod. I have to go back, copy my response, refresh, paste and send. Might be an app glitch though

Did anyone else get a ‘down for maintenance yesterday?’ for me it said the site would be back at 6am but no date?!

nacho was migrating everything over to our new backup server. He has been upgrading all our hardware and beefing everything up for the new website. It should al be complete now. It means when the new site launches, even if one server goes down, the other one will immediately kick in so the site keeps running with no downtime. Lots up upgrades still coming but we are taking the first steps. Sorry, I didn’t even know this migration was happening.

teacherboy

A heads up woudl be nice so i don’t get a millon text messages saying “is boardworld down for you too?”

Worth noting that Blizz and I had different times that BW would be back up.

Oh and is it really nit picky of me to ask for the time to be correct? (or is that something i need to change?)

Ie. the post above says it was posted at 11:15 when it is really only 10.15

check your settings, you may have it on Daylight savings instead of standard time.

Ah okay - just did that. Thanks

So do i have to manually go and change that when it is daylight savings time? Bit of a PITA. Shouldn’t update automatically?

We will get this fixed in the next update. For now it needs to be done manually. I should probably update mine too. teacherboy

You can update time settings here: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/member/edit_localization/