The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Has anyone been having problems with the site lately?

Hey guys,

I’m getting some reports that the website hasn’t been functioning well in the last couple of days.

Please reply here with any issue you’ve been having and which browser you’re using.

We are looking into it.

Thank you.

As I mentioned last night I was having major issues on Chrome on my personal HP notebook. 

Weird orange background and the forums looked really weird and ugly! But I also had the work laptop on and it was fine. Weird.

Same internet connection and same browsers.

I also had no issues on my phone.

DylanV sent me a facebook msg and mentioned he was having the same issues.

I have always had that weird orange background thing happening at random and it displays the text as Times New Roman as well.

Can you please send me some screenshots of the orange background you’re seeing. smile

This isn’t cool but we’re working on everything.  shut eye

I use chrome and sometimes when loading pages I’ve had the same “weird orange background and forums look weird and ugly” problem as Ozgirl had.

Also, when I first load up boardworld and open up the different threads in new tabs, I get a virus warning….no other site does this to me.

no issue at all on my laptop or desktop. Both running Chrome.

The virus alert thing I get is an AVG online shield alert. when I open up a thread in a new tab, it comes up with “accessed file is infected - threat was blocked” and the threat name: virus identified HTML/Framer.FJ

am I the only one who gets this?

When I get it again I will email you Jez shaka

Yeah, I’m also getting an ACG virus message. Can’t remember exactly what it says but its telling me that its cleaned something and I need to take no action.

I also still can’t access the info in the home page tabs at the top left of the screen?

Thanks guys. All these problems will be fixed when the new site drops (we will be running a much better system). That said, we want them all fixed now for the current site also.

bracer, our devs are working on the info tabs problem. It’s really annoying me too.

No stress from me rider ... all good. We await the updates with bated breath tho!!  shaka

I’ve had the weird background every now and then. Not very often and usually fixed by reloading the page.

Last night though I couldn’t load any BW pages properly. It would take literally about 10 mins. I’m using Chrome at home.

Working OK now, Dan?

R

Sorry about that. Seems like a few people were having problems last night. Please let me know if this happens again. Also grab some screenshots if you can. Sorry for the inconvenience guys. Thank you for your help!

Was just timing out for me last night…

It would load the green background pic then stall…........ for ages…....... ^^............

Also, I get endless error message from avast antivirus about trojans in elements it downloads from the banner ads, but that’s been happening forever. rage  Stoopid AV..