The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What snowboarding gear do you want this season?

What is on your shopping list for 2010?

This season I need new boots my old ones are falling apart. I am going to check out some shops when they get the new gear.

I wouldnt mind new goggles either tongue wink

go_big i think you will find that most stores will already be fully stocked on all of this seasons boots, and a great deal of hardgoods and softgoods too… In many ways this time of year is an ideal time to buy; full range means that you are not limited by what is left in stock, staff are usually less busy at this time of year and can therefore spend alot more time going through everything with you…

As for my wishlist for this season… Can’t wait to ride the new YES boards!!!

possibly a 155 ELFV or a 154 Yes
some new outerwear would be nice

I need to get new boots, I have womens Burton mints from 08 but they are just that touch too small. (which suck cause I barely wore em) tryin to decide wether to stick to burtons, or change to something else, any reccomendations?

Before you buy new boots you should try expanding them. I would first try heat molding them with toe caps (even if they aren’t technically heat moldable liners). If that doesn’t work your local store will be able to expand the liners by using expanding tools. If you take them back to the store you bought them from they should do that for free.

How many days have you used your boots for?

Thanks rider I will look into it. They do have a heat mouldable liner.

I have only used them for equal to a week or so over the the past couple of years, but have also worn them around the house to try and ‘wear them in’ I just couldn’t seem to have them fit better and was ready to give up!

I will take them to where I bought them and see what they can do.

Thanks again for the advice!!

Wouldn’t mind some boots and formulas to go on my weapon. Boots will probably wait till next year though.

Hope everyone gets what they would like smile

snowcrazy, I would give them more of a chance. A week of riding, while it may have broken/softened the boot a bit, no way would it have fully packed out. Personally I buy my boots super tight and I find it takes at least two weeks of hard riding before they have done most of the packing out (by packing out I mean softening, expanding, and shaping). How tight are they? Where are they tight? Snowboard boot liners in comparison to ski boots are very soft and pliable. With the right tools they can easily be expanded in the areas you need. What store did you buy them from?

To answer the original question… I really want to get my hands on a Burton Joystick 150.

Length wise they feel too short. But in saying that, they are extremely tight at the back of the heel which is stopping my foot from being far enough back. I bought them from Adrenalin in Canberra. They are a good bunch there, and I tried about 5 different pairs of boots before settling on the Mint’s.

They will be able to look after you at Adrenalin Plus for sure. Tell them you need to expand the boots and show them where. If you have any problems speak to Tanya, she is awesome.

RIder you’re a champ! Thanks for all the advice. I will let you know how it goes!

For my birthday I got a Burton Blender snowboard and Burton Lexa EST bindings. I can’t wait to give it a go!

snowcrazy - 05 April 2010 08:30 AM

Length wise they feel too short. But in saying that, they are extremely tight at the back of the heel which is stopping my foot from being far enough back. I bought them from Adrenalin in Canberra. They are a good bunch there, and I tried about 5 different pairs of boots before settling on the Mint’s.

great shop there!! my local shop haha, but for me i need a new board, dont know what board i want but i need a new one thats for sure and pants

Oh there is always lots of stuff on my shopping list even if it isnt needed!

Im due for a new stick, mine is getting a bit beat up. still an awesome jib stick tho. So looking at getting a 2011 K2 Parkstar, Nitro Sub Zero 2011 (or if i can find the previous yr id like that), or a Ride Machette

also to go with it ill need new bindings so want either Ride contrabans or k2 formulas.

..... new googles are also needed haha! so lookin for some EG2’s

...........i can deal with my outwear for the season but doesnt mean i dont want new stuff either! I’ll prob leave that till next time

thinking about Travis Rice snowbaord or Burton Flying V…
but yea some outwear would be nice as well

i really like the new travis rice boards as well…can’t really justify it but i need some cheering up so maybe that counts…