The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snowboarding Trip Report Contest 2012

More like listening to CDs Azz sent me whilst looking at Mizu’s new photo stream (aka instagram) smile

Time just got away from me! I definitely wasn’t surfing though! after doing this shark tracking stuff I have the jitters even though I know the chances of getting attacked are next minuscule. I have access to the national tracking data base and network now as well now, so I can look up and plot shark movements for most places in oz. If there are tagged sharks going past one of the 1000+ receivers than I can see where they are or have been. Interesting to look at some of the spots I have regularly surfed up at Port Stephens and see how many great whites were about on days I was out. I guess it just goes to show that they aren’t interested in us particularly.

LOL

I’d come and borrow those CD’s after ya finished with them, but I’ve forgotten where ya live!!!!!  wink

Mizu Kuma - 14 October 2012 11:48 PM

LOL

I’d come and borrow those CD’s after ya finished with them, but I’ve forgotten where ya live!!!!!  wink

I was secretly tagging all those instagrams as my neighbours house anyway wink

CRACKERS - 16 October 2012 01:05 PM
Mizu Kuma - 14 October 2012 11:48 PM

LOL

I was secretly tagging all those instagrams as my neighbours house anyway wink

Ahhh, so that’s why they called the Cops after I stood at their front door demanding to see their CRACKERS!!!!!

Is today the day we should be refreshing the contest threads to see who took them down?  cool grin

Boardworld will be the end of my f5 key!

WINNERS ANNOUNCED

This was another incredibly hard contest to judge. There were several trip reports at a very high standard. You did everything we asked of you but there were a couple of entries that went above and beyond. Again, we couldn’t split some of the entries, so we had no choice but to re-arrange the prize structure of the contest. We also increased the overall prize values of the contest.

The new structure is:

2 X Winners = $1250 in prizes each
2 X Runner-ups = $250 in prizes each

The total being $3000 instead of $2500. This is because you guys did so very well with this contest. Thank you for your amazing efforts with your trip reports.

OK, the winners are…

Mudhoney and Azz

These guys went well beyond what was expected. They documented, entertained, made multiple videos, gave advice, inspired and just absolutely killed it. Congratulations to the both of you!

The two runner-ups are…

CRACKERS and drc13

Congratulations guys! Your trip reports were excellent.

Please email promo(at)boardworld.com.au to claim your prizes.

Sweet dance

Congrats to azz, mudhoney and crackers!

Big thanks to Boardworld for being really generous with the prizes I love you guys!  kiss

WOO HOO !!!!  dance

Congrats to the other winners. Loved reading everyones reports.

Pity NBG’s TR from the last weekend couldn’t be entered, it was a winner for sure smile

Hey Honey, errr I mean Muddy, maybe next year we do a BC trip and joint report together wink

Congrats everyone!

Early on I thought mine was in with a chance but you guys blew mine away!

Congrats guys!!! Those TR’s were definately a great read and had me laughing and smiling throughout.

Congrat’s gent, well deserved…  shaka

Give all round applause for everyone’s effort to put TR… I really enjoy grin

Wow!  Thanks so much and congrats to all winners and entrants, this was a great contest.

Azz - 22 October 2012 03:13 AM

Hey Honey, errr I mean Muddy, maybe next year we do a BC trip and joint report together wink

Deal!

edit: you may have to carry me.

Good stuff guys!!!!!  shaka

Congratulations guys. This contest is definitely one of my favourites. So great to read your stories and watch your videos. Very deserving winners!