The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

OK to sell stuff here?

Mizu Kuma - 17 July 2012 01:15 AM

It will be interestin when ya wanna try somethin on before buyin online, to find out there are no more retailers left for ya to do so though!!!!!

But thats the thing Mizu! they will still be around!

Have the flagship store - and take custom orders. Have a variety of colours and sizes (at least one of each colour) have floor stock only and let people come in and try on if they want and look at the colours.

Take the order and then send it to their home.

It will reduce overheads.

ozgirl - 17 July 2012 01:52 AM
Mizu Kuma - 17 July 2012 01:15 AM

It will be interestin when ya wanna try somethin on before buyin online, to find out there are no more retailers left for ya to do so though!!!!!

But thats the thing Mizu! they will still be around!

Have the flagship store - and take custom orders. Have a variety of colours and sizes (at least one of each colour) have floor stock only and let people come in and try on if they want and look at the colours.

Take the order and then send it to their home.

It will reduce overheads.

Why will stores have a service that benefits OS website sales?????

What do you mean?

I am saying Northface…. Its a global brand?

Pay for it in the flagship store - Aus dollars?

how is that benefiting OS orders?

She said;

-Go in to flagship store.
-Try on a stock item
-Get them to order it in for you in the colour you want
-Everyone is happy

How will that stop people from buyin off OS websites?????

I must’ve missed somethin?????

well, I guess it is possible that if people knew they could get try on and then get exactly what they wanted, they may be willing to actually go to a store - you’re right though, there is still the problem of price.

I think a lot of people are driven to looking OS just because of the lack of range and choices here, so if that problem were fixed by the above method, a lot of regular punters would remain ignorant of their other options OS and cough up what the aussie stores charge.

cords - 17 July 2012 03:23 AM

well, I guess it is possible that if people knew they could get try on and then get exactly what they wanted, they may be willing to actually go to a store - you’re right though, there is still the problem of price.

I think a lot of people are driven to looking OS just because of the lack of range and choices here, so if that problem were fixed by the above method, a lot of regular punters would remain ignorant of their other options OS and cough up what the aussie stores charge.

You’ll most likely find that it’s the opposite!!!!!

People will also buy whatever product online due to price as well!!!!!

Was the latest purchases that you made online the exact product that ya were after originally, or did ya stray from the mark a bit in order to save some cash in the deal?????

Mizu Kuma - 17 July 2012 03:44 AM

Was the latest purchases that you made online the exact product that ya were after originally, or did ya stray from the mark a bit in order to save some cash in the deal?????

I usually end up spending more money!

last thing I got was goggles. I didn’t have any specific brand or model I was keen on, just an idea of the kinds of colours and styles that I like.

I went to an advertised sale day at a local store, hoping to be able to support - only to find limited range and no goggles on sale (I did buy a hoody on sale, though!). Went home, looked online, found exactly what I wanted at a great price and bought it. I didn’t actually know that a product that so perfectly matched what I was after even existed!

See Cords got a hoody and googles!

If she had found the googles in the store she prob wouldn’t have gotten the hoody!

Mizu Kuma - 17 July 2012 03:44 AM
cords - 17 July 2012 03:23 AM

You’ll most likely find that it’s the opposite!!!!!

People will also buy whatever product online due to price as well!!!!!

All my online orders are done with a certain product in mind. i dont change my order to suit a cheaper price etc.

ozgirl - 17 July 2012 04:19 AM

If she had found the goggles in the store she prob wouldn’t have gotten the hoody!

Definitely wouldn’t have gotten the hoody, but freddy decided it would be for my birthday present….and then I bought him a 686 one in return (his bday is 6days after mine) from 1-day. hahaha