The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

OK to sell stuff here?

Thought i’d ask before making a new topic.  I have some gear to sell, some new, some used.  Is it ok to list stuff here for private sale?  I am not a shop.

I have asked this before. I’m guessing the answer is still no.

Pretty sure that it is still a big NO!!!!!

No worries.  Gear trade section would be good!

Yeah can we trade things?

Hey guys,

Sorry, there is no selling or trading on the forums. We’ve had to take a pretty strong stance in regards to selling. We represent the industry in Australia and we have to protect our sponsores, other brands and retail stores.

You can find the forum rules here for a better explanation: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4779/

Thanks for understanding.

No you are not allowed to trade on here, reason is because we like to support out sponsors on this site and to help them out as well as they are helping us by giving us great discounts and gear to win, i am just assuming but rider should clarify this little more.

There’s a free to good home thread in the social pages where ya give and receive!!!!!

buh same time post hahah

A triple whammy!!!!!  LOL

Big fan of the free to good home thread for obvious reasons but personally I’m not a fan of disallowing 2nd hand gear being sold on the site.  Not sure how that impacts on the sponsors here as none of them that I’m aware of deal in 2nd hand stuff.  It is one thing that is noticeably absent in the snowsports retail market, surfing is all over it as far as hardware is concerned.  Not my site though so I’m ok to abide by the rules until such time as they might change.

Yeah, ya can see how well Billabong is goin on the stock market atm!!!!!

Not really sure what that has to do with my post, Billabong other then rebranding a tiny amount of boards deal primarily in soft goods, wetsuits, clothing etc.

It really is surprising to me that there is no real second market for snow stuff.  Maybe it’s cause it’s the preserve of those living quite to very to extremely comfortably or those who put every dollar they have into and don’t care about anything else, otherwise based on the cost of buying new the second hand market would be booming.

Will be moving this to site feedback and questions soon.

nbg, I understand what you’re saying. The second hand gear thing is mostly in place for the retailers. Retailers support us and they get annoyed if we allow members to sell gear on here. The retailers complain to sponsors and sponsors defend the retailers (which they have to). I’m still in the process of finding a solution to all this but we need to take the cautious approach for now. Maybe this will change one day.

We also have many local board manufacturers goin out of business due to the online trade system!!!!! Looks like BYRNE in the Illawarra, along with SKIPP are feelin the pinch of the internet sensation!!!!! Two major institutions in the surf industry!!!!!

Wetsuits are hard goods, along with tail pads, board bags, leggies, wax etc etc!!!!! And Billabong has it’s fingers in all of those!!!!!

The Surf industry in OZ has pretty much signed it’s own death sentence when they let online trade run rampant!!!!!