The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Familytree Snowboard Crew VS TeleDad

“On a perfect sunny day up on Blackcomb mountain, some of the FT crew were faced with a small confrontation. luckily for the crew a brave snowboarder man called berto was able to resolve the situation without using violence. The composure, leading example, and mannerism’s of these two father figures has now given me no hope for the future.”

#1 Skier Dad

Warning: If at work or with the kids… this contains Bad Language

It’s pretty interesting and funny to see this little edit…dont really see it too often which is great…but yeah some people just flip out i guess.

@2:45 ish the mum/partner sums it up well!

“you guys are dong it wrong”
Best quote… seriously though, it is sad to see this type of confrontation. it doesnt help the ski vs board issue that is minimized. Truth is that respect gets respect ad we do need to be careful to watch out for others on the hill. I’m not condoning the skiers actions but it’s just like driving… if you think someone is being unsafe, you can either go past them, or slow down and let them go on.

Unfortunate situation but that is pretty funny. The skier was a complete moron for the way he acted and violence is never the answer. However you can’t blame someone for trying to protect their kids (he went about it in the completely wrong way though! maybe he was even trying to show off in front of them?).

I don’t think this is a skier vs snowboarder thing. As I always say, there are idiots on skis and there are idiots on snowboards. It doesn’t matter what they ride the hill on, it’s their attitude and behaviour that makes the difference. I think the dad would have acted in the same moron-like way whether the guys were on skis or boards. Plain and simple, he punched a guy on the hill and continued to act like a fool even after that. Nothing to do with the fact he was on skis, but what a loser!

One thing I thought was kind of cool was that I think the skier was a bit shocked at how the image of the “punk snowboarder” guy changed, I dont know his impression of the guy, but after the shirt was off, I think they were all intimidated. they knew it was time to go.

Funny yes, but all sad at the same time too.
I would have definitely approached the skier guy and confronted his way he handled the situation by pushing the boarder down. I would have ripped his ticket off his jacket myself.

What an arrogant moron. I protect my kids??? from what bad language an arrogant attitude and how to poorly treat people. Skiers code who on earth does he think he is. They come plowing through the middle instead of the side and then assault someone. If you do that in the street your arrested.
Then his mate has just got no idea by just saying that he will f*** you up. I thought skiers were suppose to be the polite group on the mountain and have etiquette. With the other two in the background knowing that they were out of line trying to swing the situation.
As far as I’m concerned take the skier/boarder debate out of it and the people were just completely out of line. Get a life and grow up.

i’m sorry.. but he was protecting his kids from what?? lol

acting like that infront of your kids ?
nice way to ruin a family day out on the slopes dad.
Poor form….

C J Parker - 17 March 2010 09:07 AM

As far as I’m concerned take the skier/boarder debate out of it and the people were just completely out of line. Get a life and grow up.

What HE said!

I say also to look at the Smart Style code for terrain parks. “respect gets respect”.