The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

How should your pants fit?

Hey guys..

Buying some pants… again.. this will be my first pair of snowboard pants.

Just wondering hwo much room you should allow around your waist and what the length should be like?

Cheers,

If you’re female, around your ankles is acceptable.  If you’re male, at least above the top of your plumbers.

Sorry I just couldn’t help myself.  Seriously though you want them to be loose ish around your waist but not such that when you use a belt the waist band bunches up.  You want the space for thermal compression leggings and if you’re like me to fit some crash pants in.  Length is a personal thing but just touching the ground when in casual shoes equals about 1cm or two off the ground when in snowboard boots.  This isn’t a bad thing if you’re buying bright yellow or white pants and will be walking around the slush crap in NZ carparks.  You can always get em longer than that and curl your gaiters up and over the cuff to hold em out of the mud if that takes your fancy though.

like this

my current pants are baggy as shit, i need to do up the side straps and use a belt. They constantly drag on the ground/i step on the back part.
They are wayyy too big but i love the design and they are still holding up good after 2 years.

Next pair will be more fitted.

Get pants that are a touch baggy around the waist and hitting the ground when standing in normal shoes and you cant go wrong.

Just purchased a pair - thanks for the help guys!

what did you get mate?

wear them…. GHETTO!

I don’t like my pants too loose around the waist. I think the most important factors are comfort and function. They need some room to them as well.

I like them to fit low but nicely on the waist, i.e. I don’t want to wear a belt to keep them up. That said, I like them fairly baggy in the crotch. Need to be able to bend the knees and get down low with ease.

Each to their own. Some people prioritise style over function and I undertand that too.

I like mine baggy as I find them more comfortable and less restrictive, then I just wear a belt!!!!! 686 Tool Belt is the go, then ya don’t have to worry about havin a tool in ya pockets!!!!!

But as said before, each to their own!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 13 June 2012 08:54 AM

I like mine baggy as I find them more comfortable and less restrictive, then I just wear a belt!!!!! 686 Tool Belt is the go, then ya don’t have to worry about havin a tool in ya pockets!!!!!

This man speaks the truth

LeBron_MVP - 13 June 2012 09:47 AM

i concur,
My DC Donon’s are baggy as fuck

LeBron_MVP - 13 June 2012 09:47 AM

Naw man. Rather rock the tool. I don’t want to undo my belt everytime I need to use my tool. My pants have a pocket around the ankle which means I don’t have to have a tool flapping round my knees/thighs and I’m protected from it by my boot.

As for pants, medium baggy. Enough room for movement style, and a few layers underneath for super cold and raining days - maybe also impact pants if you have them.

The buckle clips off easy as!!!!! 2 seconds!!!!! Wont hurt if ya fall on it, and you will always remember to carry it otherwise you’ll get arrested for illicit drug concealment!!!!!

Oh, it can come off without undoing your belt? The tool belts I always see use the actual tools to poke the holes and hold the belt tight - I see them as handy that you’ve got a tool, but not the fact you have to drop your pants to tighten a screw. My tool is about the size of a matchbox, slightly bigger.

Yeah, it does undo the belt but if ya kneelin or sittin when ya stop to tighten ya gear, pants around the ankles isn’t the normal outcome!!!!!

And if they do end up around ya ankles, just tell the crew that it’s the next stage in pant steeze????? Wouldn’t be the first time it’s been seen on the hill!!!!! LOL