The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Electric EG2.5

Hey guys..

Going to be picking up a pair of these in white..

Question, this is the first pair of goggles I am buying.. what colour lens do you recomend? I wont be doing any o/s trips, just incase you were wondering..

I can get them with a bronze/silver/chrome lense or just the bronze lense…

Cheers,

K

I had a pair of anon majestics with just the basic orangey lens (probably the same as bronze I’m guessing) and they served me well since 2007 in all different conditions in all different countries. A lot of people might say the more expensive mirrored lenses are better cos australia gets a lot of bluebird days (plus that seems to be the fashion), but I’m sure the bronze ones, or any of the others will do you just fine. Pick what you like the look of and suits your budget, best.

I finally replaced my majestics with 2 big scratches in them and got a pair of electrics with the bronze/silver chrome lens and they look so sick! I’ve been wearing them around the house all the time cos I love them. haha

Get the mirrored lens and a low light orange lens, neither will do all types of conditions very well and there is nothing worse than not being able to see properly, the best snowboard, best boots and best outerwear aren’t going to do shit if you can’t see what you’re doing.  The EG2.5 are a good goggle though, I have the big brother EG2’s and they are awesome!  Oh and mirrored means you can look at whatever you want in the lift lines and no one else knows…....

nthnbeachesguy - 13 June 2012 02:00 AM

Get the mirrored lens and a low light orange lens, neither will do all types of conditions very well and there is nothing worse than not being able to see properly, the best snowboard, best boots and best outerwear aren’t going to do shit if you can’t see what you’re doing.  The EG2.5 are a good goggle though, I have the big brother EG2’s and they are awesome!  Oh and mirrored means you can look at whatever you want in the lift lines and no one else knows…....

K2 and I had this issue on Sunday when we were both rocking our non reflective lenses!

And so you two were being massive creeps without realising it, GOLD!

yep hahaha we were creapin hard (well I was at least) then was wondering why I was being busted and given weird looks. Had my blue clear lense in teacherboy

When i changed out my goggles for my sweet as mountaineering sunnies i was all good to get my creep on though

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 13 June 2012 02:35 AM

yep hahaha we were creapin hard (well I was at least) then was wondering why I was being busted and given weird looks. Had my blue clear lense in teacherboy

God, I do that way too much - not such a good look when you’re snapped in a mountain uniform.  I usually bend my back and pretend like I’m trying to look around that person at something on the other side…  oh oh

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 13 June 2012 02:35 AM

it might have been the clown suit…

LOL that got people laughing and saying good things. The stackhats made people do the triple look or 10min stare haha

also good to get a yellow or low light/visability lens for the days its hard to see bumps etc…