The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Introduce yourself here..

Congrats Jess!

L.B. - 11 July 2009 08:11 AM

Hey Margie..

Thanks for the mini snowboarding life story. Love hearing how people get into the sport, and how stoked everyone gets with it. Sweden would be awesome to go. How did you find it? Any favourite places that you would have to recommend?

What do you think of the ‘Girls Only’ section? What would you like to see?

L.B.

haha yeah sorry that post went a bit long…Its a long and complicated story but the short of it is that I found sweden through some friends & I’ve had a swedish boyfriend for 2.5 years now so we went to live over there for a year. åre is pretty fun but if its parks you’re into then Sälen is the place to go.

Girls only section is ok I guess, some of the movie trailers are ok. The june mountain one has some girls hitting some super big jumps which is amping. Despite being a girl though, its not really my demographic. I don’t find too much enjoyment from those kinds of things. Doing things with girls just for the sake of it just isn’t me.

Hey Lauren…of course whister-beth…Jeremy has been kicking my arse to join BW!...
Im working running the restaurant at julians..hope you can make it for product launch!...
otherwise let me know if you need accomm for stylewars ill see what i can sort out!
B x

avolk91 - 07 July 2009 10:26 AM

This is fair awesome, hotham and buller are the slopes i run, this site is cool as
and by the way looking for new bindings was wondering if anyone would recommend any?
Al.

Hey got 09 Burton ESCAPADE’s…not so good…toe straps always slip off no matter how much adjusting i do..also someone stepped on the high back and it snapped in a second…no so good for long term wear and tear!

Hey girls, Shelly Gotlieb’s first blog is up. Check it out…

https://www.boardworld.com.au/content/category/shellys-world-1

Were stoked to have Shelly Gotlieb on board updating us from NZd.. Looking forward to her next up date.

Hope everyone is enjoying the snow.. or sunshine..

L.B.

Hey ladies

Another girl here as well. It might be too soon to ask but any chance of organising maybe later in the season a girl’s riding day. Just an idea to get to know the members on here better. 

kathy

kaff - 25 July 2009 08:13 PM

Hey ladies

Another girl here as well. It might be too soon to ask but any chance of organising maybe later in the season a girl’s riding day. Just an idea to get to know the members on here better. 

kathy

Welcome Kaff!

Could be up for this.

Depends on where and when.

Hey, 

Nice to see a new face. Great idea about an organised Girls riding day. When is good for you? And location? Would love to see how many Girls we can get involved.

L.B.

News: More rider profiles next week and the launch of the new section ‘Industry pro-files’.. Some awesome reads.. so stay tuned..

L.B. - 26 July 2009 08:15 AM

Hey, 

Nice to see a new face. Great idea about an organised Girls riding day. When is good for you? And location? Would love to see how many Girls we can get involved.

L.B.

News: More rider profiles next week and the launch of the new section ‘Industry pro-files’.. Some awesome reads.. so stay tuned..

I am in portland right now and will be back in sydney at the end of august.

Where are the girls here from and what hill do they ride on?  I am pretty flexible and even up for going to resorts that are not in NSW.

kaff - 26 July 2009 10:36 PM
L.B. - 26 July 2009 08:15 AM

Hey, 

L.B.

I am in portland right now and will be back in sydney at the end of august.

Where are the girls here from and what hill do they ride on?  I am pretty flexible and even up for going to resorts that are not in NSW.

I’m from Whistler and I ride on Whistler/Blackcomb Mountain, soon to be locating to Sydney!

Hey GIRLS…

Just letting you all know.. I’m in the process of organising a ‘Girls Only’ snowboard day.. Early next month..

Ill let you know more this week..

Should be lots of fun..

L.B.

L.B. sounds awesome! what mountain you planning for

Thinking Thredbo to coincide with the last event of the Thredbo Freeride Series.. Be able to tell you more shortly..

Hey Girls,

Just giving you a little update.
Shelly’s 2nd blog pics are now up.. so go have a look..
Profiles arriving soon.. Local , International & Industry

Hope everyone is having a great winter..

L.B.