The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Looking for Store or private Seller

Hey guys, first time on boardworld, ive been looking around for a while for a never summer proto CT 157cm 2012 or the yes jackpot 2012 154 or 156cm, cant seemed to find it in Australia, and wen i do the prices are insanely over priced, i know cherry pow has never summer products but 800+ for the 2013 proto way out of my budget, so my question is does someone have it for sale privately, or know of a store in aus or internalionally that ships these products to aus for a decent price ???

Mark.DeJ - 10 June 2012 06:47 PM

Hey guys, first time on boardworld, ive been looking around for a while for a never summer proto CT 157cm 2012 or the yes jackpot 2012 154 or 156cm, cant seemed to find it in Australia, and wen i do the prices are insanely over priced, i know cherry pow has never summer products but 800+ for the 2013 proto way out of my budget, so my question is does someone have it for sale privately, or know of a store in aus or internalionally that ships these products to aus for a decent price ???

Hey Mate,

from my experience Never Summer is a brand that is pretty popular in North America and even for their standards its considered quite pricey, dont quote me but they pay something like 500 or so (this is really expensive by their terms). So even if you did find it in a shop somewhere overseas it still wouldn’t be “cheap”.

Your best bet is to either wait until snow season is over and then try grab a cheaper price, eBay it or simply just pay up and enjoy the moment haha

On another note, i had a Evo RC and dude that thing is quality, I’ve hit trees with it and its the trees that nearly fell apart not the board, reallly well made and worth the $800 or so if you ask me, unlike lib tech…. lol its something you can keep for years!

Welcome to Boardworld, Mark.DeJ. cool smile

Cherri Pow would be your best bet in Australia. They are the distributors for Never Summer in Australia. Considering your budget, ask them if they have any boards on sale. Alternatively, by late season there should be a decent selection on sale.

I know STM in Bondi Junction has the YES Jackpot in store. STM also offers a 15% discount for Boardworld member. Let me know if you’re interested and I can put you in touch with them.

Boardworld fully supports the Australian snowboarding industry so we don’t allow links to overseas stores on the forums.

Let me know if you have any other questions. smile

You wont get much help on here about buying overseas mate.
These overpriced brands*, sponsor this site.

Rider26 can help you out with a Boardworld discount from STM in Bondi on gear etc. So see what he says.

As said in the post above, wait for the season to be over to grab a bargain or suck it up and buy full price now.

*I am not implying they are overpriced, just responding to OP’s statement.

there are times when it’s best to just take the hit and buy the board you want. Think about it. Assume you’re 20 years old. This winter will be the only winter when you’re 20. This could be the peak of your snowboarding experience for all you know. What if next summer you get in a car accident and wreck your legs. Pretty grim but you’d be kicking yourself if you had put up with a cheap board all season because you were waiting for your dream board to go on sale. Even if you didn’t get in a car accident (obviously that’s an extreme), you’ll only be able to ride your dream board a year later, when you’re 21. Maybe you won’t be able to ride as much due to work, girlfriend, whatever, or your dream board envy will have been replaced with something from the new line, or even worse, the board you’ve been waiting for gets sold out.

tl:dr version: life is short, winter is even shorter, so get the board you want

Damn Jeremy beat me to it by 1 min…

Gamblor - 11 June 2012 03:28 AM

there are times when it’s best to just take the hit and buy the board you want. Think about it. Assume you’re 20 years old. This winter will be the only winter when you’re 20. This could be the peak of your snowboarding experience for all you know. What if next summer you get in a car accident and wreck your legs. Pretty grim but you’d be kicking yourself if you had put up with a cheap board all season because you were waiting for your dream board to go on sale. Even if you didn’t get in a car accident (obviously that’s an extreme), you’ll only be able to ride your dream board a year later, when you’re 21. Maybe you won’t be able to ride as much due to work, girlfriend, whatever, or your dream board envy will have been replaced with something from the new line, or even worse, the board you’ve been waiting for gets sold out.

tl:dr version: life is short, winter is even shorter, so get the board you want

wait until you get into your forties!  confused

Thanks for all the replies i’m considering just forking out the cash for the never summer proto from the UK 635 oz dollars, but one of mates is considering hitting canada this year for snow season might just wait till hes there and get him to buy it for me, but yea no guarantees he might just be talking crap never know, anyway this season ive still got my board from last season gnu riders choice havent had any problems with it and found it to pretty damn awesome, but i heard the proto is spectacular thats why i was considering hooking up a second board.
Cheers guys

Dude, if you’ve already got a Gnu Riders Choice and you’re thinking of getting a second board, why go for the Never Summer Proto CT instead of a board that’s quite a bit different to your current ride? The YES Jackpot would be the perfect complement to your Gnu - so no matter where you were riding or what the snow conditions were like, you’d be covered. Read some reviews of the YES Jackpot, they’re nothing but positive. And keep in mind that if you buy from STM, not only do you get a tasty discount, you get a full Australian warranty (unlike with your other options) AND they have the 2013 models in stock, which you could get now to ride all season!

What he said^^^

I have 2 boards, completely different.

One is stiff and cambered, the other is playfully soft and camrock.
No point running 2 boards the same, may as well just run one board. Go to opposite ends of the spectrum.