The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

woot! gopro wifi finally available

Hm can’t buy in Aus/NZ yet because not yet certified, presumably needs to clear radio frequency regulations here.

My opinion not needed.

GoPoo
NoPro

Will be pretty useful for syncing an array of gopro’s to make a matrix style shot! I think it was ripcurl or billabong did it last year with about 20 go’pro’s on a stick but had to deconstruct and wire them together. Or just being able to see all the angles you have set up live on your phone like in their edit they posted last week:

Sick clip!!!!!  cool grin

Mad clip!

just picked up the GPHD2 on the weekend, got it for 15% off with my season pass so i was pretty stoked on that!. very happy with the results so far. that wifi setup looks rad!

Yeah, one of my mates just got one for his Indo trip and the quality of the image is sweet!!!!!

some places are taking pre-orders.  looks like it will go for about $140.

thread hi jack…well sort of same area anyway

anyone used the eye-fi SD cards yet?
SD card with built in wifi?

humdingaling - 18 June 2012 07:02 AM

thread hi jack…well sort of same area anyway

anyone used the eye-fi SD cards yet?
SD card with built in wifi?

Never heard of them before but just had a look, my impression from the site is that they are only for image transfer to a storage folder on a computer, and you can use an online service to view them ‘live’ once they are uploaded. Not useful in terms of live viewing video, controlling camera’s etc. But if your interested in them for the sole reason of never needing a USB transfer again, they’re probably pretty handy! Might drain your battery though if its constantly searching for wifi networks

good point about battery
its probably more geared to still photos as maximum ive seen is class 6…most are just class 4

i think P&S cameras need to veer into wifi otherwise the iphones/smartphones will just devour their already dwindling market
anyway’s i digress…ill wait until the market eventuates and more competition comes in to play before testing it out

Just ordered mine. Supposed to be coming early in July.

Racerecall got em for $139 delivered.

about 2 weeks late for my holiday.  Oh well, next year.

are the USA version any different, i am going to states in 4 days.

lanox - 26 June 2012 01:09 AM

are the USA version any different, i am going to states in 4 days.

don’t know for sure, but I very much doubt there is any difference as presumably wifi operates on the same frequencies everywhere.  I suspect the reason they’re not available here yet is that they need to be certified by some Aus authority for radio frequency interference.