The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

9month Snow Curse

Sep 2003 i start my own business

winter 2004 - 1 of best current snow seasons

2 days on snow :(

Sep 2011 - informed baby caboose is on its way

winter Perisher opening on 2nd June 1 week early

EED of little caboose 2nd June

a little devo

dont worry I’m sure there will be heaps of stoke coming though!!!!!!

Awww - I thought this was a birth announcement!

You will very much have a stoked year- can feel it in my bones.

Always a spot in my car whenever you want it Cabby.

thanks oz

Exciting times. I do feel your pain though.
08- (2 hours before jumping on the coach for my first trip down of the season) I find out Im pregnant. I still boarded (though very cautiously). I then sat the week out when we went with friends the following month.
09- I got one short day in (though regular stops back at FV to feed the hungry munchkin.
10- Two hours into day one of a seven day trip I took a tumble tearing my acl, mcl, lcl and a tendon off (cue surgery and rehab)
11- I got a weekend down with Oz. Was great but post injury I was terrified (and a lifty crunched my knee with a tbar) so I was very timid (and rather hopeless…felt like a beginner again after boarding for 18 years). Thanks again Oz for your patience. I also flew to NZ for two weeks and the day I was supposed to head up the mountain my toddler spiked a 40* temp so I stayed home.
12- We move to Brisbane so no sneaking to the snow for weekends. I have however booked a long weekend flying in the 16th of August Yipeeee (NO MORE CURSE PLEASE wink

Mind you I should add the curse only applies to the injury of course. I adore my little boy and Id miss any day at the snow to be with him. But I certainly do feel your pain of missing snow time grin

Coop - You know you have just jinxed yourself don’t you.

Whats to opposite of a fertility dance (until you are back on the plane to brisvaegs in august at least!)

Don’t worry mate. Soon the 9 month snow curse will be over and the 1 year sleep curse will begin. wink

jeez rider you know how to make me feel better confused

Don’t discount teething either. That will bother their sleep till they’re 2/2.5 wink ha!

In all seriousness Cabby enjoy. Its the most amazing time of your life. I love every minute of being a mum (including the sleepless ones wink