The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Mountain Dew Battle for Supremacy - Sat Feb 6

http://www.slamskatemag.com.au/news/21-news/1330-battle-for-supremacy-2-sydney-update

This is going to be one mad show,  Im working of course so will only catch the first hourish.  Will be a great photo op to.

Check it

Facebook page here.

I am going to try get there on Saturday.

Australia’s top 20 skaters battle it out for $20K and the Mt Dew Battle for Supremacy Title on a street-like set up at Darling Harbour, featuring a combo of natural terrain, picnic tables, cement freeway barriers, stairs and huge stone-topped banks.
VITAL STATS
* Location = Snake Gardens outside the Convention Centre
* Practice from 11.30am
* Heats kick off at 2pm
* Judges = Sasha Steinhorst (Head Judge, World Cup of Skateboarding), Aussie stalwarts Andrew Currie, Morgan Campbell and Jeff Williams.
Come down to check out this amazing assembly of Australian skate talent:

HEAT 1
Sam Giles
Lewis Marnell
Jake Duncombe
Tommy Fynn
Jack Kirk

HEAT 2
Dane Burman
Jack Fardell
Jeremy Correa
Bryce Golder
Josh Pall

HEAT 3
Blake Harris
Harry Clark
Dave Harris ‘Battle Cat’
Keiren Reilly
Luke Croker

HEAT 4
Bjorn Johnston
Pat Dandy
Shane Azar
Shane O’Neill
Nathan Jackson

Just to update, the event was postponed due to bad weather. We went down and they were on standby all day. The setup looked awesome!

The organisers are deciding when and where it will be held. There is a possibility it could be at the SBA Dew Series final in April. We will keep you posted.

I heard they just re scheduled the event but still cant find and major details as to when yet but will keep ya posted

Mountain Dew’s Battle for Supremacy 2 rematch is set for Friday April 9th at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion. Following the same format as the Melbourne event, there will be 20 invited skaters shredding for their slice of the $20, 000 prize purse. Kicking off at 3pm, the comp is free for spectators so get there and check it out. Renton sent us the list of heats and prize purse breakdown:

HEAT 1: Sam Giles
HEAT 1: Lewis Marnell
HEAT 1: Jake Duncombe
HEAT 1: Tommy Fynn
HEAT 1: Jack Kirk

HEAT 2: Dane Burman
HEAT 2: Jack Fardell
HEAT 2: Jeremy Corea
HEAT 2: Bryce Golder
HEAT 2: Josh Pall

HEAT 3: Blake Harris
HEAT 3: Harry Clark
HEAT 3: Dave Harris
HEAT 3: Kieren Reilly
HEAT 3: Luke Croker

HEAT 4: Bjorn Johnston
HEAT 4: Pat Dandy
HEAT 4: Shane Azar
HEAT 4: Shane O’Neill
HEAT 4: Nathan Jackson

1. $6,000
2. $4,000
3. $3,000
4. $1,800
5. $1,400
etc.

Thanks Brad. I’ll try get there again. Hordern will be a good venue for this event.

Im just waiting for my new work shedule to come out and I will try and switch some shifts if I have to so I can make it.

The Re-match is tomorrow….

Countdown to the all-weather Mountain Dew Battle for Supremacy Re-match on Friday 9 April at Sydney’s Hordern Pavilion.

For the Battle re-match and now the Title round of the Pro title, check out the set up. There’s a bunch of portable elements (two picnic tables, two manual pads, two rails and a two step ledge). Plus, the huge seven metre granite-topped wall ride…and, of course, we have hauled out the stairs, one set with a euro gap on approach. There’s a three-to-three double set and an eight set , broken up with hand rails and hubbers.

Confirmed Skaters are Lewis Marnell, Bjorn Johnston, Blake Harris, Dane Burman, Sam Giles, Pat Dandy, Jack Fardell, Shane Azar, Dave Harris, Jeremy Corea, Keiren Reilly, Bryce Golder, Tommy Fynn, Luke Croker, Josh Pall, Jack Kirk, Scott Standley, Jimmy Roche, Marty Girotto and Jesse Noonan.

Battle for Supremacy is the richest skateboard contest for Australasians, offering more than $40,000 in prize money over two competition rounds, with a bonus travel cheque to the overall Title winner.

This round has $20,000 up for grabs and is an invitational format, which means it showcases the 20 gnarliest rippers in Australia skating a euro gap, stairs, marble hubbas and a rail… it’s going to be gnarly. There’s $6K for first, and all skaters get paid.

It’s free to watch…doors open from 3pm during skater practise.

Heats kick off from 4.30pm.

Location Hordern Pavillion, Driver Ave Moore Park

For those who missed it…

The Mountain Dew Battle for Supremacy will be aired on Fuel TV on May 12th.

Schedule:

The Mountain Dew Battle for Supremacy II (Skate) airs on Wed 12 May at 10.25am and 6.25pm, and on Saturday 29 May at 2pm as part of a double bill when it will be followed by the Battle for Supremacy (Snow) at 2.30pm.