The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Duck Bill Platypus

seriously…?..Has anybody ever seen one?

Haha, I have!

Cant say I have.

Are they different to regular platypus?

boman - 15 June 2009 03:36 AM

hahaha…
I guess I was being redundant…...That`s how we were taught to call them in the NoHe…

It was still shorter than saying “egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal “

Dave99 - 15 June 2009 03:39 AM
boman - 15 June 2009 03:36 AM

hahaha…
I guess I was being redundant…...That`s how we were taught to call them in the NoHe…

It was still shorter than saying “egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal “

Or calling them; “Natures leftovers”, haha and to answer the original Q I have seen a few (kinda underwhelming, but dont tell them).

boman - 15 June 2009 03:42 AM

“Natures leftovers.

hahahaah…..

Perhaps God smokes cannabis..?

{no offense intended}

Does seeing one in the zoo count. They are very hard to spot in nature.

yeah i have seen em around….nasty little buggers tough…they fight dirty and are known to be armed

dont think so. at least i cant remember seeing one. i will be on the lookout!

i’ll make a mission of catching one a presenting it as a thread of the week prize.

I want to see one now.. they seem like a pretty interesting animal, if that’s even what they are

i reakon they look a lot more interesting then they actually are

They don’t do a whole lot- but a funny to look at. poor platypus

i’ve recently found out about the existence of a creature similar to a sea cow called a dugong.  has anyone else heard of them or even better seen one?

I have seen one not too far from my house whilst out hunting for trout.
There is a website to report where and when you have seen them, I did the right thing and reported, you should see all the stuff they sent me.

I feel like one of Steve Irwin’s (RIP) Wildlife Warriors.

Now the sea cow & dugong are the same thing? are they not? I have seen one at Seaworld.