The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What Injuries Are You Getting

To be honest I don’t know how Mitch is still functioning, he has taken some of the hardest slams and still manage to skate like a mad man.

For me the ankles are the problem, have ruined my ligaments so many times that they are weak as now.

Still putting ice on it K2?

Because that is straight up blood that’s been frozen in your ankle and cant get out. Every time you apply ice your clogging your irrigation system. Ice is for pro’s who need to get back on the field within minuets and are getting paid to become cripple in later life.

Ice makes an injury ignore itself and doesn’t promote healing.
You need to strengthen that ankle, get heat in it. Pulse your ankle with heat every 0-15 min elevated, followed by the same time no heat, massage or exercise or stretching to stimulate the area, 10-15 rest, then start cycle again.

You need to strap your ankle to hold it in your foot.
(last year I dislocated my ankle, breaking a bone) My leg popped straight back into my foot luckily, I kept going without further injury at 100% from the next day thanks to being able to strap my ankle.

I’ll find photo’s of my ankle and try to describe the technique.
Done right! it’s lightweight and supports your ligaments while keeping your foot attached to your leg.
Done wrong leeds to a waist of money (good strapping tape is expensive you might want to check out the school supply cupboard but you will need more than that before you reach full recovery. There is also a way to strap ribs. But you should be starting to feel better already from them. You will always feel where you’ve cracked ribs - for the rest of your life.

Cheers spaz on the heat treatment info.
I only put it on ice straight after the injury. Well when i got home 15min later. And that night only. Since then I have just let it do its thing.
Strapping isnt really gonna help it, because it isnt an injury from rolling or twisting and it isnt near the actual joint. It was a pure impact injury about 10cm up from the joint. I took a rail head on to the area at speed, direct hit. Its getting better now. Today I have noticed the swelling has dropped a bit.

Ribs, this is nothing compared to the Shred crash. And yeah, feeling a bit better. Your right, I can feel bumps where I snapped my ribs last time. Feels right out of place.

mitch faber - 20 May 2012 12:53 AM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zjz7HSXk50&feature=g-upl[/youtube]

Holy crap, hardcore man! I guess you gotta take so many falls to get that good. Some of those rail stacks are so gnarly.

Wow, Mitch’s video was freaking insane.

grrrr, I have a messed up ankle that won’t get better. I think my high arch is not so high and needs to be put back.