The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What Injuries Are You Getting

What injuries are you getting skating? What I am finding is that I am constistantly having the same kinds of “injuries” of the same body parts all the time.
I am constistantly smashing the absolute hell out of my lower inner shins and ankles. I pretty much have non stop cankles LOL and they are always purple from bruises.
It just seems to be an area I always hit. Sometimes from my board, but lately I seem to keep smashing it on ledges/rails. Tried to jump a wheelchair ramp rail, leg hung up and smashed my ankle (though it was so funny and almost worth it as the whole Skatepark Of Melb got a good laugh) so there goes my right ankle. And 2 days b4 that, I slipped off a hubba and smashed crap out of my left one. Week n bit b4 I get my left leg caught in a hand rail and stuffed my left ankle.

I love skating, but sometimes it hates me (and all of us haha)

Pretty sure everyone that skates has the same problem lol shut eye taking a hit in the shin sucks.. can’t wait til snow season, hurts so much less.

Yeh shinnies are unavoidable, but what I was meaning is that lately I have been smashing my ankles on rails/ledges/features more than normal. No matter what Im skating, I end up destroying the same bit of bone. Walking is hurting atm. I know some people what always hurt the same knee, or hip, or arm.

My ankles have looked like this non stop for the past 3 weeks at least. Purple, green and swollen downer
But havin heaps of fun huckin myself at stuff LOL

looks like you got run over by a car LOL solid effort lol.

looks like an aborted tattoo. Are you sure that’s from skating and not your ex-gf’s name?

She goes by the name of “Bruiser”!!!!!

Yeah man, this is my “favourite” injury from skating too. Although I only count injuries as something that stops you skating or board.
Wearing jeans instead of shorts seams to lessen then impact a bit, which is good cause its getting colder.

My other favourite is right elbow, right knee. I love taking skin off the side of these. But I can deal with that. Makes me look like a real skate LOL
And every time I do it, I’m actually thankful that pain has finally taught me to stop putting my hands down. I’m all about saving my wrists.

Went for a skate tonight and it is an injury if u put it like that Andy. I couldn’t skate cos of it. Walkin hurts. Shooting pain up the bone.mmay be a small fracture

I keep slipping of when grinding the ramp and smacking my tailbone on the coping. It isn’t cool now that it’s winter and is freezing and it feels like you’ve been raped the next day hahaha

That sucks. Doing BS Smiths? Thats the only one I can see you falling on ur ass from slipping out.

haha yeah that and also there were some rollerbladers at the park last weekend and they waxed the coping heaps and it was soo slippery. haha and also boneless to tail and it slipping on the wax

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 14 May 2012 11:01 PM

My ankles have looked like this non stop for the past 3 weeks at least. Purple, green and swollen downer
But havin heaps of fun huckin myself at stuff LOL

hi buddy.

getting a bruise or shinner..
is alot better than breaking bones or tearing ligaments trust me.
being a skateboarder has 2 parts love and hate.
love to skate and hate to be injured.

ive broken over 7 bones in my body from skateboarding.
and torn more ligaments than i can remember.

the main thing is to heal strong and good before getting back to the board.
but im a bad representation of that rule..
its hard to sit at home wile your mates are shredding cement.

laters..
here is some of those broken bones i was talking about.

faber.[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zjz7HSXk50&feature=g-upl[/youtube]

Damn Mitch, that’s some heavy stuff! I’m too much of a pussy myself to get injured trying big gaps or rails and it always ends up being on the simplest tricks. I only just got over my phobia of feeble fakies on transition after breaking two bones in my ankle at the same time.

Yeh Mitch you have some heavy slams! I totally agree that shinnies and bruises are much better off than breaks and tears. Though saying that, I actually broke my rib on Friday night falling onto the corner of a ledge shut eye
I reckon tears would be the worst. Breaks (depending where it is) you can cast up and it heals, where tears often turn into chronic problems.

Mitch is hardcore. I’ve seen it up close. He kills it, no fear.