The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Backyard Park - The Dream

So mini ramps are a pretty common thing in backyards and awesome fun. I was thinking of building one, or maybe taking it to the next level. What I’ve thought up could be probably be built for roughly 4 - 5k from wood.

So this is my (very rough) sketch of my dream backyard park lol. How much do you guys think this would cost to get built using concrete?

..Can only dream lol. LOL

Looks rad! Concrete I imagine will be very pricey. I wouldnt know where to start on figures. And with concrete you want it to be perfectly shaped which would be hard to do if you are not trained in concrete laying.

I like the idea though. When I get my own place, there will definately be a set up in the back. If I had the money, id put in a mini pool

A recommendation on your set up there. Maybe cut off half of one side of the funbox, and put in a many pad with enough flat next to it to use as a ledge. Or add that on the side as an extension

Yeah the manny pad would be sweet. I wouldn’t build it out of concrete myself lol, was just wondering. Couldn’t imagine the folks being very happy with a permanent skatepark in the backyard haha! Wood mini ramp is definitely a possibility though ..when I have some spare cash laying around. rolleyes

Edit: Oh and the quarters look like they’re 5m high in the drawing coz they got cut off downer Meant to be 1.5m LOL

I thought that was the case with the 1.5 hahaha

Oh, and I thought you were talkin bout when u own ur on block. Either way, get ur skate mates to chip in with $$ and labour. Im sure they will be skating it just as much as u. Wanna skate it, gotta work for it

On sketchup coz I got bored lol. The distance between the quarters and the box would probably have to be a bit longer though (if it was to ever get made haha) Not bad for 20 mins of messing around though lol LOL

Looks good. Gonna be hard to find someone who is willing to be built into a skate ramp like that though! Imagine the coping to face combos! LOL

teacherboy lol.. new features man, next week every park will have one! rolleyes

I have been dreaming of a mini ramp under a car port roof so u can skate any day you want. But this is a small park lol. Go for it Koper!

we haven’t gotten the concrete for the driveway done yet so I was toying with the idea of a small concrete quarter just off the driveway. My friend said he could do it but I haven’t looked into the costs yet. I doubt it will happen but I want to check all the possibilities now

Why do it in the backyard, when you can do it in your house and not worry about rain LOL

This is amazing lol, should be a feature of every new home built from now on.

Koper if you can build a little setup like that, go for it man. Having a personal skate setup is every skaters dream but not reality.
That set up inside the house is sick, I don’t think the missus would be happy coming home to me setting that up. All they needed was a man built into the transition.

my mate in Sweden built his whole house with polished concrete floors so hit could skate in the house. its pretty darn cool actually.