The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Gymnastic Training in Snowboarding?

hey andy, i like the idea of just feeling for the tail on those front flips, I think it all just happens in a bit of a blur for me but next time i’ll keep that in mind.

McTwists (on the tramp) this trick you may well have done without really realising it.  Imagine just punching down and accross your body as if you were violently trying to put your seatbelt on.  Comes round really nicely.

On the park 2 course, it’s a super fun course as you can imagine.  The teaching side of it is a lot more relaxed and less structured then the level 1 park or level 3 park material.  It’s way better for it though, you just get to teach without thinking, shit i better not mention 2 different skills together!  It accepts that lots of tricks are a combination of skills….

Regarding the riding, we hit all but the hardest features in blackcomb park in the blue park, so down rails and pipes…..on jumps they want to see 180s and 3s with grabs fairly consistently but it’s not like we all didn’t fall a bunch (including the examiner).  It kinda turned out that we all had different tricks we were best at but it was a cool course for that, it got you trying stuff (like McTwists for example!)

Violently trying to put on your seatbelt LOL  I like that, I may have to steal it wink

Well the Park 2 sounds a bit more achievable than I thought. I had in mind it would be spinning 7s and stuff like that. I can hit the Large features in Choker park but I’m not ready to Grab 3s over them.
As u know, large in Whis is larger than everywhere else lol.

So u passed then?

Also
I was once told to start and old lawn mower to do frontside corks grin  I like that one too

frontside corks….tried a few into pow this season, didin’t get close….pretty scary.  Having said that I didn’t know about the lawn mower!

The biggest jumps on whis put you up really high eh!  I only got to ride that park for a couple of days sadly.  We were doing spins on all the jumps in the blacksomb blue park.  The hardest part I thought was having enough variety of tricks as you do so many laps on the same features and during my course there was about 3 down pipes each lap.  I was pretty lucky that I felt happy doing a few different tricks on them but I was always trying to do different variations and through in as many switch tricks as possible…

The good news however is that if you’re adept at putting on seatbelts and starting mowers then you should walk it!

I thought I’d come over and see what all the noise in this corner of the room was about.
Didn’t read the whole thread. Got through the first few pages then jumped to this page.

I did ballet until I was 17. The other sports I’ve noticed that transition well to aerials on the snow are; Gymnastics (of course), ice skating (jezza!), martial arts and Diving (this is most applicable to people who have begun this training before puberty)

Gymnastics teaches the best spacial awareness, the postures train your body to be strong in the best rotation pose - in practical situations (like snowboarding) your body will naturally rotate to land at the place your eyes are focused on. Ballet, ice skating and diving all rely on this training method - diving is more gymnastics, while dancing/martial arts do the same BUT while holding a pose for a purpose (dance - for asethetic beauty and martial arts - defend or attack)

Skating and surfing are good for carving and park(skate). But have someone (from the above 5 training methods) follow a skater through a snowboard park and they’ll just about nail it on their first try.

Yeah, all very good points spaz, and a few I’d never thought of. I like it.
I also just learned an interesting and dangerous thing about you… excuse me I have something to post….  evil

Squat and Bench Rack - 250kg Capacity
https://www.catch-fitness.com/products/squat-rack-250kg-capacity

Squat and Bench Rack

Our best selling squat rack. Suitable for bench press and squat rack support.

Features:

Welded H design on legs, for extra stability
Made of high quality steel, with 250kg weight capacity
60x60mm tube size (beware of the 50x50mm alternatives. They just aren’t sturdy enough)
Super easy assembly
Specifications:

Dimensions 124m x 54cm x 16cm
Weight 45kg
Load Capacity 250kg
Material Steel
Tube Size 60mm x 60mm x 3mm
Adjustable Height 103cm - 168cm

The Catch Fitness Difference

Great Quality Equipment

Our product guarantee: Unhappy with one of our products? We offer a 7-day money back guarantee. Simply cover the cost of getting your gear back to our warehouse, and we will refund accordingly.
Product warranty: Each of the items we retail comes with a minimum 12 month warranty. Some of our items, like our curved runner treadmill, come with as high as ten years warranty on the frame. We put our money where our mouths are when it comes to quality equipment.
Drop the weights: Did you know, our bumper plates were dropped 30,000 times in testing without cracking?

Great Value Equipment

You may have noticed that some of the photos on our website are similar to some of the photos on other websites. Here’s a hint - we actually use many of the same suppliers. We just charge less!
Our price guarantee: See a similar item at a cheaper price? Get in touch and we’ll beat it

Great Service

There’s no Covid skeleton crew here! We’ve grown our team, not shrunken it.
You can reach us by phone on +61 2 8074 5286, or at .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Got questions about training equipment or an exercise routine? Get in touch! Each of our team are fitness enthusiasts, trainers, coaches, or former gym owners.