The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Horrible news - Kevin Pearce in critical condition.

Such horrible news. All the best to Kevin and his family. I hope he makes a full recovery.

From news.com.au

SNOWBOARDER Kevin Pearce, who was hoping to make the US Olympic team for the Vancouver Games, remains in a critical condition in hospital after a fall.

Pearce is being treated for a severe traumatic brain injury sustained on December 31 while training in the half-pipe in Park City, Utah, according to a note on his Facebook page.

Pearce, 22, was in the process of completing a cab double cork when he caught his toe-side edge while landing. He has completed the trick - a twisting double back flip - successfully before.

Pearce was wearing a helmet at the time of his fall. He was airlifted to the University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City where he is being treated.

“Kevin sustained a severe traumatic brain injury,” one of his doctors, Holly Ledyard, said.

“He is currently in intensive care and in critical condition, but stable and has not needed to undergo surgery at this time. He is intubated and being kept sedated.

“The focus over the next week will be watching for any swelling in his brain and keeping his brain pressure normal. Kevin has a long recovery ahead of him.”

Family and friends have created a Facebook Fan page, Well Wishes to our Friend Kevin Pearce, where followers can receive information and updates on his condition and show their support for the athlete.

Pearce was preparing for an Olympic trials event this week ahead of the Winter Games which begin in Vancouver on February 12.

Along with Shaun White, he is considered to be one of America’s top athletes in a sport dominated by the US.

———-

Link here.

Thoughts go out to Kevin and his family, hope he gets to live his olympic dreams in the future.

Official Facebook page here.

And now this

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/news/danny-davis-injured-in-utah/

Poor Danny.  I love him so much, he is so rad!  Just watched him last night at Snowbasin…and now this.  So sad to hear.

Damn it, i can’t sleep.  I wanna know what happened!

Danny is one of my favourite snowboarders. Such sad news, I really hope he is ok. I will update this thread if I hear anything. Hopefully nothing serious. Thanks for letting us know.

My neice told me about this, she’s 12.
Shows what I know.

Yeah, I woke up this morning and first thing I did was check the internet! 

Apparently it was a type of PFO (pissed, fell over) involving the DC Mtn Lab party and a quad bike. Him and another dude are out for a bit. 

But still no official word…

Dammit Danny davis is the man, i was really hoping he would stick to Mr White and take the Gold… loved his 5 hit run to beat shaun’s 6 hits at the GP…All time

Source: latimes.com

Snowboarding Olympic hopeful Danny Davis will have back surgery later today in Utah, putting him out of competitive action the rest of 2010.
The surgery will be to repair a L3 spine fracture, which occurred early Sunday morning when Davis was injured in a non-snowboarding accident. A report in the Park Record quoted a detective from the Summit (Utah) County Sheriff’s office saying Davis was injured in an ATV accident with a friend, having apparently hit a closed gate.

“Doctors remain positive Danny will make a full recovery,” said a statement on Davis’ Facebook page.

Source: parkrecord.com

Snowboarder Danny Davis and a friend, Elliot Levitt, are being treated in intensive care at Intermountain Health Care in Salt Lake City after an ATV accident Sunday morning.

Detective Ron Bridge of the Summit County Sheriff’s office said Davis and Levitt were riding together on the ATV on private land in an area known as The Preserve, located in the Snyderville Basin north of Intrerstate 80. Bridge said they were traveling down a private driveway at 3:30 in the morning when they struck a closed gate. It is unknown who was driving the ATV.

A spokesperson for IHC said they were being treated in intensive care but would not comment on their condition or extent of injuries. However, according to his Facebook page Danny Davis Pro Snowboarder, he suffered a non life-threatening back injury. Bridge said neither is currently being investigated for any wrongdoing or foul play.

that sux big time!!

I heard about danny today too.
Sad to hear Kevin and Danny, two great riders down for the count.