The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bones Bearings

Bones bearings are simply the best bearings out. They are very long lasting and consistent. I have had a pair of Bones Swiss Precisions for over a year and they still work perfectly, obviously not as good as straight out of the packet. I wouldn’t use any other bearing brand.

Bones are my favorite bearing aswell. Props to jeremy for getting them on the boardworld sponsors list.

Props Jeremy smile

Bones is a skate company so their research is all skate related and takes into account all aspects of skating. With loads of years in R&D its no wonder you guys like them.
Jason have you cleaned your bearings out since having them? I’m not talking about just topping up on speed cream but completely taking the bearings apart and hand cleaning them.
If you guys like bones bearings get onto some bones wheels you can’t miss with them.

Ye i have cleaned them a couple of times.

i use reds and time and time again they keep me happy.

I’ve had a set of reds before. They’re really fast and probably the best you’ll get for $30.

Its stupid how good that reds are for the price. If you wanna fork out a little bit more you can get some super reds for around 50 bucks and they are the tuned up version of the reds.

Hey quick question, is Metho ok for cleaning bearings ? I want to get my reds cleaned up a bit, they are sounding pretty scratchy !

Cheers,

- Fox®

Ph0x@L1c10u$ - 10 September 2010 01:06 AM

Hey quick question, is Metho ok for cleaning bearings ? I want to get my reds cleaned up a bit, they are sounding pretty scratchy !

Cheers,

- Fox®

metho is fine. I usually take the outside shield off and spray through some degreaser first, then soak them in metho after. After this I let them dry out and apply a couple drops of speed cream to each bearing while rotating inside the wheels.

Thanks CJ Parker, i’ve never heard of super reds, but it’s good to have a company that doesn’t use the Abec system. I’ve seen too many kids whose jaws pretty much fall to the ground when they see some Abec 9s that are pretty ordinary quality.

lewis - 02 October 2010 07:24 AM

Thanks CJ Parker, i’ve never heard of super reds, but it’s good to have a company that doesn’t use the Abec system. I’ve seen too many kids whose jaws pretty much fall to the ground when they see some Abec 9s that are pretty ordinary quality.

So true, it’s like you have told them your skate board is rocket powered. I have just started rolling on a set of the super reds and am pretty physched on them. With a set of stf wheels I’m laughing. You will know who I am as I will be the guy at the skate park laughing.

Cheers, I might look for super reds when my speed metals seize up. So far I’ve found normal reds, swiss and swiss ceramic, but can’t seem to find super reds and can’t afford $160 for swiss. Where did you get your supers from?

Where abouts do you live???

Eastern Sydney.

lewis - 13 October 2010 09:04 AM

Eastern Sydney.

STM bondi junction has them.

Maybe 99 degrees.