The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bang ON - JAPAN TRIP LOG by Banger

today consisted of carving/switch riding and general goodtimes…minus pow, no new snow has fallen in a few days and tomorrow we might get a dusting. all reports show tuesday as the start of the next system…so fingers crossed we get the goods.

we rode from around midday to 8pm over at annupurri as the crowds at hirafu were pretty hectic, so we made the call to bus it over there as all the top lifts are shut due to 24m/s winds up top…limiting what/where you can do/go. we still got in a ton of riding and the crew practising what we have been watching/learning from snowboardaddiction.com…thanks nev!

no real pics from today either, but getting bits and pieces of footage with the vio (cheers spaz)

zao skatepark drop
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1347350763081&ref=mf

The Day…i dont have time to post much info, but the pics should speak for themselves….

Early Start

I got out from behind the lens for this one

8pm

Awesome man! Stoked you’re scoring the pow pow.

very nice!! thanks for the blog dude.

Sweet!

That tree hit looks soooo fun. Hope you got that on the HeadCam.

hell yeah you should see my face to snow style!

sorry for not updating sooner…not much activity on BWmB at the moment

after a well earned but albeit silly move to take the day off riding yesterday (i heard some epic lines were had all over) we decided to do a bit of peak hiking today. once in the morning dropping from mt annupurri peak down fujiwara no sawa to hanazono 308 for a quick break…then traverse to annupuri side to meet the crew for lunch. then at 225 we headed out gate 2 up the south peak, down to mt annupurri and dropped into kozan no sawa…. the weather lifted, blue sky and golden snow as the sun was dropping made for a great run down and high fives all round at the bottom enjoy some of the pics…vid up soon. ( if i can stop riding long enough to edit something)

Timo Koskinen

Timo Koskinen

Marika Ranta

pause

Marika Ranta

Timo Koskinen on white gold

Thanks to marika for these shots…i got out from behind the lens finally!

Yours truly

this guy was prepped for the BC

Awesome Banger! Looks incredible! Thanks for the update.

that’s pow-gasmic!!!!!!!

Awesome photos dude!!

Wow those photos are amazing, the snow is looking beautiful!

Any chance you can source who makes those animal outfits.. I’d like to order a few..

Y1950 at the co-op supermarket in Kutchan… we almost got one…bought fireworks instead.

The co-op in Kutchan is one the best shops I have ever been to. Hows the 5 litre plastic bottles of whiskey !!!