The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bang ON - JAPAN TRIP LOG by Banger

Well with 6 Days to go until we head out for Tokyo, i figured i would start a thread (not up to the skillset of blogging yet, good sites to start with anyone?) to document the trip and give everyone who isnt heading NoHe this year some pics n stuff to amp you up for next SoHe season.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas they want checked out i will see what i can do.
Also any photo ideas send em my way and i’ll see how the creative juices get flowing.

foxpuppet - out

Nice plan banger, the idea of some kind of blog or regular column on boardworld has been in my head for a while, i’ll be interested to know how it goes….

Yeah sweet Banger. Info on your trip and photos will be cool. I’m curious as to how good Japan is… Have fun!!

Nice one Banger! I heard they just got a big dump over there… good times.

Keep us posted. Photos are definately a favourite for me. A picture says a thousand words… smile

I also love reading about epic days on the mountain, which I’m sure you will have many.

Have an awesome time over there!!

I caught up with Banger 3 days before his departure. +30 days in Japow is a great trip - sooo envious.

I don’t think they have got to a resort yet and I’m sure it will take him a while to get off the snow long enough to post photo’s and words about his trip. It could be possible he may put some video up, because the reason we met up was to make sure he had a working headCam for the trip. Internet time could make video not happen, but we live in hope.

Good luck mate.

yeah we wont be on snow until the 2nd at Zao Onsen in Yamagata Prefecture. So far just been hanging in Tokyo, Shopping, Sightseeing and the like.
Yesterday we walked around the Imperial Palace and went to Shibuya for a crossing experience.
Today has been a layday so far with movies and nothing else so far.
Checked out the Meiji Park which was pretty cool for an out of city experience in the city.

be back with more stuff later

well today was my first full day on the board for 2010, great fun riding at Zao…even with very low viz and super cold wind!
Found some nice runs under the lifts up top…pretty sure it was OB but no-one was around and the pow was about knee to waist deep in there. The whole crew ended up sessioning the one section til it started getting REALLY tracked and hard to see what was what.
Heading out in around 20 minutes to do night riding which i also did last night for around an hour or so just to get the legs feet and body back in the groove…. and probably ride until lunch tomorrow before heading up to niseko on the train. 11hrs on a sleeper car overnight should be interesting.
Will try to get some vids up soon….the helmet cam is working well, although with the bad viz we didnt get much stuff today that is worth editing. here are some pics of the Zao Juhyo for now

WOW, awesome times and you have just started !!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to share with us poor folk stuck here dying in the heat.

Did fresh batteries fix the remote for the HeadCam?

Great stuff Banger. Stoked you’re back on your board and getting pow pow. I’m looking forward to hearing more from you. Thanks for the update.

Oh and you need to get some photos for the photography contest!

Now get off the computer and go slash some pow! cool smile

Zao Skatepark

spaz - 04 January 2010 01:44 AM

Did fresh batteries fix the remote for the HeadCam?

sure did wink

Niiiice. Banger, you should drop those in the photo contest. Love the photos.

Sick man totally jealous right now.  Trust your having the time of your life thanks for sharing!

in niseko now since yesterday morning, today was a down day though as our passes are only active from tomorrow…so we had a mini shred session out front of the lodge just like 2 years ago. that was pretty fun and we got to work out some of the issues with the new management…guy with no engrish, no cable TV, or towels for us to use.

besides that we are getting amped for riding tomorrow, now all we need is snow
super warm temps and no new snow forecast for the next few days should be interesting, but we always find something to do!

seems to be a lot of punter first timers around. there is no-one in our lodge but 4 other aussies, 2 girls (1 first time ever boarding/snow exp and the other who has ridden a bit but getting over food poisoning) from brisvegas and 2 guys from syd? (skaters who have never been to snow before)
they dont really hang out in the common area much, just ride and go to their rooms…so not much is know about them….maybe inviting them for a ride might break the ice a bit…. but our friends from finland arrive on the 9th, so that should liven things up!

no pics today so that is kinda it for now.

sounds like a great adventure…hope the pow comes soon as am heading over there from next friday and i desperately need good snow! best of luck and fun and keep the reports coming…