The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Snow Blog

Hey Girls,

This thread is going to be filled with Pro Riders blogs from all the snowy mountains and towns around the world. I’ll be updating and adding new riders along the way, so stay tuned and let me know if there is any rider in particular you want to be hearing from.

L.B

Riders:

Anne-Flore Marxer

RIDER PROFILE: Anne-flore Marxer

With powerful and fearless riding, Anne-Flore is amongst a handful of ladies who have stepped up to street rails, backcountry and larger jumps with success and style. On the hill her explosive riding has placed her on the fast track of progression. Anne-Flore started making a name for herself by entering a couple contest and winning, since then she has dedicated her winters to filming, earning the respect of the international snowboard scene by getting opening videoparts in leading film productions.

Anne-Flore has marked the history of snowboarding by being a leading and outspoken proponent for woman’s riding. Her sustained support was the catalyst triggering the policy of equal prize money split between men and women in the TTR tour end of season prize purse.

She was crowned Rookie of the year in 2006 by Transworld Snowboarding, was elected second most influencial female rider of all times by Slack magazine and just received the award of the best international rider (with both male and female) at “le mondial du snowboard”.

Anne-Flore is heavily featured in all core magazines earning covers of Cooler, Spare,  Beachbrother, Boardlife, Whiteout Sista, Surfeuses, She, Snowplanet girl, and the list goes on..  She was also feature in some of the biggest US mainstream publications as fitness magazine and Men’s Health.

Anne-Flore’s extremely energetic personality makes everyone around her smile.. Annie Fast from Transworld Snowboarding describes Anne-Flore best : ”Some riders are part of a session, and some make a session. Anne-Flore is the latter-at the kicker, rail, or on the dance floor. She has the personality and energy to fuel them all at once.”

Rider: Anne-flore Maxer

Air and Style

Monday, December 14, 2009

It was pretty cool to be at the Air and Style and as it has been a bit of a frustration not to see girls riding at this event, this year I decided to make a petition hoping to see girls next year..

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/womenairandstyle/

So I ended up running around with it and it was great to see all the positive feedback from the public and the industry.. thanks to all of those who signed it smile

This weekend I went to Avoriaz for the Rock on Snow Tour.. It was fun to ride around even though the snow conditions are very poor at the moment, a lot of ski lifts are closed and none of the tree runs are ridable :(

When I went back to my car the road was super icy, there had been an accident and I got stuck on the road for half an hour, so i decided to turn around and wait in a coffee.. when I tried to turn around my car started slipping inin all directions.. a couple guys had to come and push my car into a parking spot. So I decided to live it there for the night and go back up to the resort..

And that was such a good decision, not only I avoided ending up in a gutter or crashing into another car but also when I got back up I found my good friends PP and L’arrogs from the Psykopit crew. Sylvain Bourbousson, Mathieu Crepel, Nico Droz, Mamar, Alfie, etc.. It was really fun to get to hang with those guys like in the good all times! hope I ll get to see them again soon!

AFM

RIDER: Anne-Flore Marxer

Hey everyone,

I hope you all had the chance to enjoy this winter, I just came back from AK and you ll find my blog about this trip here under smile
anne-flore

King Of The Hill

A couple weeks back I saw Travis Rice at European Xgames who told me all about Nick Perata and Mark Sullivan organizing the King of the Hill again after 10 years off. He told me I should show up. A couple days later I contacted Perata and a week later, I was arriving in Valdez in an RV to shred those amazing mountains!

I had heard about that event quite a bit especially since Axel Pauporte had won the last sword. And I have to admit I was a bit anxious on what to expect as far as terrain goes. I had never participated in a freeride event before and the mountains in Valdez are knowing for never ending very steep slopes.. but really the event was just a very good excuse for me to go shred those amazing mountains.

David and I landed in Anchorage and stocked our RV with tons of organic food.. and in Valdez 7 hours later in the evening.  And of course we started our trip with getting stuck on the parking lot straight away! And that’s were you see your friends are! The ones that help out and push! Haha! That was such a classic move! Luckily we got saved by generous locals and Eric Themel pushing the RV with the help of a 4 wheel drive!

The weather is unpredictable in Alaska and for most of it I was expecting long down days.. but the next morning I open my eyes to discover bright bluebird! Time to screw some bindings on my board and I was standing on top of that mountain wondering how the snow was going to feel like. I had a blast on my second run, where I took Travis’line with a bs 360 on a fun hit.. The atmosphere of the event was super cool! After shredding our lines everyone was staying all together at the bottom checking out everyone else’s run and cheering! The 3rd run was an the golly to death in sun baked and windpacked crap snow. The kind of run which makes you appreciate good ones. I heard a lot of noise on Travis and Scotty Lago’s runs.. but they were dropping in before and I couldn’t see their lines. But looking at their lines, they definitely killed it. The stand out line I have seen that day was Mike Basich dropping that impressive double cliff.

We had a great party after the sword giving… of course Travis was the new king and I was pretty stoked to hear I finished second… Shaun Farmer lost tied 6th place arm wrestling against Mark Landvik but took revenge freestyle rapping later on that night! The dance party was awesome and I can tell you that Mike Basich’s got moves!

Luckily we had a couple bad weather days to chill before the sun came out again for 4 days in a row heliboarding! We were staying in our RV on the pass with lots of other fun shredders.. That was the whole concept of Tailgate Alaska! A big camping party up in the mountains and it was great! We shared heli time with Martin Cernik and his crew which was pretty sweet. They were 5 big dudes sharing an RV, and it was nice to realize that ours didn’t smell bad at all compared to theirs! Haha! The mountains are sik in Valdez and the people are really cool! Can’t wait to be back next year!

http://www.annefloremarxer.com

Rider: Anne-flore Marxer

AFM in Swatch TV ad smile