The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

09/10 Northern Hemisphere Photography Contest

geffypeffy - 03 May 2010 04:40 AM

Grenade Games 2010
Whistler BC
April 24 2010

Grenade Games Log
Whistler BC
April 24 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks wild!

We will be announcing the winner here tomorrow. Stay tuned…

YAAAAAAAAA WINNERS!!!!!  Lots of great entries!  Great job all some hard picks out there.  Cant wait to get some entries into the Southern Hemi!!!

Awesome, can’t wait to see the result of the contest.  There have been some wicked pics up this season!  Am having major shred withdrawals since I got back.  Can’t wait for the season here to start…3 more weeks (i hope)!

Damn it’s over.

Haven’t seen snow since I was in Hakuba a couple of months ago.
The Aussie season kicks off soon enough but that’s barely even worth mentioning.

Good luck to everyone that entered… There were some sick shots!

Hey guys,

Firstly thank you to all the photographers this season. We wouldn’t be able to have these contests if it wasn’t for you. There were lots of amazing photos and you made a lot of people jealous.

Unfortunately there can only be one winner. All the photos were voted on by a panel of industry - including professional photographers and marketing managers from leading snowboard brands. They were asked to pick their top five photos from the season, and then to rate each photo out of ten. They rated the photos based on photography merit (i.e. clarity, timing, lighting, focus, creativity, how hard they worked for the shot etc…).

The Boardworld Photography Contests (both NoHe and SoHe) will be annual event. Every season the prize packs will grow larger and we will have more winning categories on offer. We are very committed to all the photographers out there, and we want to reward you guys for your hard work and effort on the mountains.

The winning photo for NoHe 2010/11 is…

Congratulations to thelumpya2! Please get in touch with us to organise your prize.

Special mention must go to Gamblor, whose photos were rated very highly by all judges. Well done on a great season! Please also get in touch with us. We weren’t expecting to do so, but since you did so well we have decided to put together a runners up prize for you. It’s not quite a snowboard, but a small token of our appreciation for your photography.

To everyone else, time to get ready for the SoHe Photography Contest, which is going to be huge this year! The NoHe Photography Contest will be back next season, and we look forward to you all participating again.

Congratulations once again to thelumpya2!  grin

Congrats thelumpya2. That’s a solid shot - good on ya!

Great work thelumpya2 cant wait to see what you can get for us for next years season!  Awesome work this shot is definitely top drawer mate!

Congratulations!!!

Well done thelumpya2, love the photo. Looking forward to SoHe Photography Contest.

I wasnt much of a part of the NoHe season’s pic contests, but I figure I will be for the SoHe season.
During NoHe winter, Im busy riding and trying to plan when to ride…. during SoHe season, I’m wishing I could go ride - so I have more time on the BwMB.

rider26

It would be cool if you coupld put together a thread like you did last year with the SOHE comp of just all the NOHE photos so we can flick through them all without all the chatter in between.
...... if you get time smile

Hey Evan,

Yeah I would like to do that soon. I have my hands full at the moment with all the website changes and content being added. Hopefully I’ll get to it soon.

heyy broo its james from ess met u today at the ski and snowboard show ive got a few pics from when i was in mt hood at windells december 26 to 4 th :D

Jimmy, those are some nice shots man!
I especially like the sun peeking through the trees amazing and beautiful and intense!
and as always chair lift pics are always nice. Im willing to bet that neither picture was altered in any way.

Glad to have you join us. I look forward to what else you will bring and share.

Hey Jimmy! It was good meeting you yesterday. Love the first two photos! The middle one is awesome!

How was Windells? It looks like so much fun!