The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Bushings

I was keen to get medium bones bushings but everywhere I went when i was on the buy was sold out so I ended up going with Thunder Medium ones. They feel pretty good and responsive so far. Much better than the shitty orange ones that come standard with Indy trucks that I just bought

Well when you do get the chance to get some Bones medium bushings do it K2. Absolute business they are.

Yeah for some reason the Indy bushings have always been average. Why do you have to spend mint money on trucks and replace them straight away. Most skaters that ride indy’s will generally change them for Bones. Not sure why they don’t just collab straight away with them.

Why do my bushings “pop”??
I just bought a deck recently that came with manton saf trucks, and the bushings “pop” when the trucks change angle.
Is there a way to stop it? It’s more annoying than anything, infact its pretty loud.
I’ve tried loosening the trucks off so it doesn’t make the noise anymore but that is un-rideable for me at this stage.

It can sometimes be a number of things. The bolt holes may not be lined up properly, causing the base plate to twist and cause the pop noise. If this is the case undo your deck bolts and redo them making sure that you are doing them in a diagonal manner.

Other thing the bushings having the inserts on them, which can rub on the bushing washers. Try removing them and putting the bushings back on then tighten up accordingly.

If that doesn’t work let us know and will get in touch with Manton for you mate.

Do u mean the yellow part is the insert??  Cause I can’t get them out at all.

Yeah sorry mate, I did slightly misword that.

The yellow inserts stay in the bushings just try them without the metal washers.

On the topic of fine tuning your setup, I recently played around with my bushings a little more and used the Bones hard bushings as the bottom and medium as the top bushings. Liking the feel of this adjustment so far as it still turns but gives me that little bit more stability that I now need.

I’m pretty sure I got the bones hardcore mediums. Best bushings ever!