The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What sorta music do you listen to while riding?

Am thinking about switching up my iTunes library and was just wondering what kinda music you guys listen to while you skate. I’ve changed from more punk and grunge sorta music to acoustic stuff like the HIM acoustic stuff and also like Trevor hall. Was just wondering if it helped anyone else. It seems to put me in a better head space and land the trick cleaner rather than getting really really fired up and trying stuff. So yeah. What’s your playlist look like??

Haven’t really skated while listening to my ipod in ages since I rarely skate by myself. But if I did it’d probably be a mix of like metal/hardcore or hip hop.

Sick what sorta hip hop you into? Aussie?

I dont listen to music when I skate. Well not through my earphones. Sometimes (rarely) I will have music playing through my X-Mini speaker at the side of the park. But as soon as I start skating and rolling round u hardly hear it anyway. More for when just sitting round and chilling out. When I do that its usually older stuff that jsut helps me relax out like The Rolling Stones or Led Zepplin

What bout u TT? Do you have earphones in?

Yeah like turned up pretty loud. But only at like summer hill cause you know you won’t run in to anyone.

BKM if you like hip hop check out timeflies Tuesday every Tuesday this guy freestyles and he is sooooo dope

The only time I listen to music is if I’m at an indoor skate park and they have some tunes going. I love having the music there

But when I snowboard I listen heavy stuff when I’m in the park to silence my brain saying “you’re not going to make it”

Or sometimes hip hop if I’m having a rail session.

^^haha so true

Depends on my mood. Normally at a busy park I won’t. But when I am feeling chilled some beats will always be a treat, if I want to “GET IT ON” I will play some heavier stuff. So all comes down to what I am doing.

True CJ.  But whenever I listen to heavy stuff I get really fired up and then don’t skate anywhere near as good

I will eventually be moving this thread to ‘Skater Progression’. If you can’t find it, that’s where it will be. smile

Ok cool I just didn’t know where to put it

BRING IT ON is how it feels when I am listening to heavy stuff and skating.

C J Parker - 04 March 2012 07:44 PM

Depends on my mood. Normally at a busy park I won’t. But when I am feeling chilled some beats will always be a treat, if I want to “GET IT ON” I will play some heavier stuff. So all comes down to what I am doing.

Well said, CJ. I usually listen to something heavy on the way to a park/spot to get me pumped up and in the mood to skate and then turn it off if I’m skating with friends.

i like light punky stuff like suicide machines or the specials. i can barely skate though, lol, BUT that kind of music is wonderful, punk/ska, fun yet relaxing.

I listen full hip hop jajaja

agree with ‘metoob’ , older blink182 stuff is awesome