The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What Are Your Wheels?

I just picked up some spitfires 53mil and i never skate vert, but i have low trucks so i guess it evens out

Alien Workshop. I can’t even remember what size or anything they’re so old, haha

I roll with Ricta’s and wow they are hard as fark. 52mm clear purple. They look dope but it’s like riding on gravel on asphalt, shaky.

I’m just going to get a little bigger and white wheels not going to much on the brand as the Ricta’s were some thing like $60. Might get some Jart’s.

i really wanna get bones spf skullz 53’

Yeah SPF are sick wheels, you will be stoked with them. I have had them and the the STF and really enjoy skating them.

Hey guys Ive been having some 52 old element wheels they where soft and warn pretty fast I have try some cheaper brand from a local skate shop they where pretty hard and wasen’t gripping the ground anought I have big sprain that is comming pretty often ankle problem they where causing a bad vibration on my ankle since I switch with a new pair of Bones wheels og formula 52 the only thing than I can tell they are great less vibration more gripping and dont seem to rip off pretty fast they are great and of course change your bushing when they are warn down I din’t change does when it was time and now I stick with this ankle problem for 2 years

The Bones OG wheels are so good especially the fact that they are a decent price. I have to agree that they grip but also slide when you need them to, as well as the fact they are really have but don’t have the vibrations to kill your feet.
If you are planning on changing your bushings look into the bones bushings. Depending on how you like to skate you will need to look into the hardness in the bushings. I skate the medium bushings and the rebound is really good.
Ankle problems are so annoying, they take so long to heal and are always going to be a problem.

Hey Pamela, what is your experience with Bigheads? LOL as in Spitfire Bighead wheels? looking at getting the Mash Ups or the Street burners from STM. Would the F1s be too slippery for a smooth painted concrete park or an indoor? How do they slide/grip/wear?
Any advice would be great smile

Usually struggle with them, they think they know it all.
From what I remember the big heads are just the basic Spitfires. When your looking at the F1 series they are some good wheels. Only thing is I absolutely flat spotted the hell out of mine. They roll great and fast, just don’t hold up to cess slides very well. From my last recollection though they were releasing a new wheel again. Don’t know if that has com too though.

Thing is if you want a good hard solid roll they are really good. Other brands to check are Autobahn, Pig (which I have had) and Picture are suppose to be bang on. Unfortunately haven’t had a set yet.

Gday K2
I can also help you with this one. Spitfire Bigheads are an MDI urethane with a wider profile and super hard! like rocks. Will roll well and slide great but on the new skateparks with the smooth concrete they will be like being on an ice rink. My team riders ride 99a and down (softer) on the new parks.

Thanks heaps guys!!

Your welcome K2 it’s what we are here for.

smile tanks C J Parker for the hint on the bones bushings I have buy those bones hardcore-soft bushing they are great and they have good reaction time I like to ride loose even with my ankle I feel like I have enven more control on tricks this way next time I buy bones bushing I will try more harder bushings to guet the feeling of it but now im pretty broke I need a job lol and I buy to much things every things have tendency to brake on me like my boxing gloves etc… and all these stuff are expensive I just bought a second new pair of thunder trucks they are ride great smile

No problem dgwbleu. The bones softs are great for carving but not as good for stability. If you want a little bit more control the medium bushings are the direction you want to head in.
Thunder trucks are good trucks, I find that with them to put bones bushings in them I needed to adjust them a bit. Definitely had to remove the bottom washer. Hopefully you can get some fresh bushings soon.  grin

hahaha Im glad you love them :D next time I gona try thoses medium bones hardcore bushings take care for me it’s gona winter soon so it’s sad I dont have a snowboard I wish I could buy a good new first snowboard of my life but where I live in Canada they are expensive with the tax and everything even the skateboard so maybe it’ going to be my future plan wink