The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo/Perisher Trip

@deanobruce Mabye, why?

@chucky yeah we are trying to get that sorted. Pretty much we are trying to go during the school holidays (QLD) but at the cheapest time possible for 4 nights

well if you after nightlife youre better off staying at the station, there is a bar at the station that gets bands etc. and is pretty good, plus the places in Jindy.

I could be wrong but i think there is not much nightlife up at perisher

bliss - 15 February 2012 11:14 AM

@chucky yeah we are trying to get that sorted. Pretty much we are trying to go during the school holidays (QLD) but at the cheapest time possible for 4 nights

OK then, so here’s the thing - at that time of the season, you need to choose between the cheapest rate, or your best chance of getting snow. Out of the dates you have, the first week in July is your best chance for getting snow, but it’s also now the most expensive time of the season.

deanobruce - 15 February 2012 09:33 PM

I could be wrong but i think there is not much nightlife up at perisher

WE will be the nightlife, deano!!!!!  smirk

haha yeh at the shred we will be for sure!, but he isnt talking about the shred,

There are good bands at Smigs Hotel.

It is where the locals/staff hang out all season. And the good thing is they offer a free shuttle from your accom to them. You just ring em like a taxi (that you don’t have to pay for!)

Ive done 3 seasons at smiggs…..some nights it can be great…but most nights its very slow. you can always have fun there though and usually at least on of the bars in perisher will be pretty busy fri/sat/sun.

@deanobruce We will most likely be calling up The station this week and enquiring, the place sounds awesome and apparently they have a deal going on and its comes with lift passes and meals which is rad! Also is the shred this year in perisher??

@chucky Aslong as there is snow on the ground and a good terrain built, we will be happy. Would you know the cheapest rate but also enough snow to have some good park runs?

CRACKERS - 16 February 2012 02:59 AM

Ive done 3 seasons at smiggs…..some nights it can be great…but most nights its very slow. you can always have fun there though and usually at least on of the bars in perisher will be pretty busy fri/sat/sun.

My mate worked in the bar at the food court thing next to the 8 seater lift at Fron valley, then he got the job as the bartender in the cocktail lounge next to it. spent a solid hour after everyday punching through half price/free cocktails/shots/beers…

The drive to jindabyne was never fun…