The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

2009 SoHe Photo of the Season voting

Poll: PHOTO OF THE SEASON. PLACE YOUR VOTE... (please see the whole thread before voting)
Total Votes: 88
Ryan Backside 180. Photographer: EvanL
Going Home. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Falls Crew. Photographer: Nudge
Home Trail. Photographer: MissG
Wind Blown. Photographer: spaz
Lights. Photographer: Tambazz
Sky High. Photographer: F@tony
Riding The Night Train. Photographer: Nudge
Kicking Up Dust. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Hangover Express. Photographer: MissG
Rocky Knolls. Photographer: DJS.
Flight of the Bluebird. Photographer: Nudge
Ticket to Freedom. Photographer: Innocence
Bonking the Bin. Photographer: EvanL
Big Air. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Starting Jump. Photographer: spaz
Hotham. Photographer: strawberrygeorge
Last Run. Photographer: nthnbeachesguy
More Messing Around. Photographer: f@tony
This Is My World. Photographer: f@tony
Lunch Spot. Photographer: Tobi
Fly Like An Eagle. Photographer: Nudge
Golden Oz. Photographer: spaz
Man-made Shadows. Photographer: spaz
The Chair-way to Heaven. Photographer: Nudge
Colour Blind. Photographer: f@tony
One Hour Sled Parking. Photographer: Nudge
Back to Back Gaps. Photographer: EvanL
Cloud Jibbing. Photographer: f@tony
Rainbow Grind. Photographer: alper
Backcountry. Photographer: alper
GNU. Photographer: alper
Tails. Photographer: nelsonjameshogg
Slush. Photographer: alper
Stall. Photographer: f@tony
Tripod. Photographer: f@tony

Evan I look forward to what pictures will come of it.
Even if there isnt a contest, do share!

Just heard its snowed in Calgary and Edmonton yesterday and they are looking to be around -7 this weekend.  Snow making is started at a few of the small hills in the area.

A ton of amazing stuff! Good luck to the winner!

Nudge - 03 October 2009 02:09 PM

I’m thinking top 12 photos, boardworld calendar. Let that awsomness sink in for a second. I’d buy one for sure.

would definatly buy one as long as they all good which they prob will be from the photos i seen hard choice but F@tony i amire your work love to be able to take shots like that

Maybe we should have fortnightly calendar so we can fit in more of these amazing pics..

Thanks reandoggy, I’ve got a few more pictures in my head that I’d like to take. Hopefully I can get them before the end of the season.  If it turns out, I’ll post them up.

edit:
Closing Weekend, Remarks

EvanL - 08 October 2009 11:44 AM

Great pics by all.

Is there going to be a Northern Hemisphere photo comp? smile
If so, i’ll be able to add a few into that too. Im doing Tahoe for a week, then up to Revelstoke for a week.
Hopefuly get some good pics along the way.

Hey Evan, yeah for sure. I will be putting together a photography contest for the Northern Hemisphere. Just trying to work out the prize pack… I will keep you posted.

Throw in some of them cool BW stickers!
smile

THAT IS A SICK SHOT TONY!

Thanks, looks almost like an eye to me with the iris as the remarks bin.  Too bad the competition ended before the season was over.

Yeah, I had heaps of fun shooting these photos, stuff like this competition was really good because it made me go out and experiment with more stuff, especially since I only got my first camera about 8 months ago.

I envy you. And no matter what happens in this comp, I would like to congratulate you on your excellent efforts man.

8 months Tony! That makes your shots all the more impressive mate. Natural talent in truck loads.

you suck .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)cheese

Like Nudge said raw talent. Keep pushing yourself, your creating some great stuff and are an inspiration, you’ve given me fresh ways to look through the lens.

Have you sold much? Do you shoot at the resort - punter shots, or are you approaching media sales (magz)

I haven’t cast my vote yet, so I don’t know who’s in the lead but I think you’ll get it.

Again, a big envious YOU SUCK.

Thanks I guess wink I was actually meaning to ask about stuff like selling nudge.  the people that I was snowboarding with are sponsored riders who have asked for the photos to give to their sponsors.  What’s the general procedure there?