The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone Heading to Buller Tomoro? (Sunday 27 Sept)

Hey guys, just want to know if anyone is heading to Buller tomoro, I’m going but have found out the first bus isn’t until 8:30am.  Wanted to get up there ASAP so if anyone is heading up and could spare a seat from the gate up would be appreciated, thanks fellas, will be by myself so some company on the hill wouldn’t go astray either, cheers.

Otherwise I’m gunna be the guy on the side of the road hitching ha ha!

Sorry dude. At first, i was pushed to go tomorrow to get a last ride of the season but they just extended it so i might be heading up monday or wednesday and it’ll be a packed car. If someone pulls out, i’ll let you know.

Fark that was good, the best snow I have probably ever had, never been OS so not much to compare it too but good all the same.  Got to the gate around 7am and managed to score a lift up the hill with the garbage man, arriving in style….....

Did a couple of runs on Bourke St waiting for Holden to open.  Jumped on that with good timing, was the first down LBS so fresh tracks on ungroomed powder, looking behind after big carves and there was a big cloud of dry fresh powder everywhere.  Even eating it was awesome, a little hard to get out of it all but so worthwhile.  The banana went good in the powder, nuthin to compare it to but it went through most stuff without having to get to heavy on the backfoot specially when you had speed.

It snowed pretty much all day sunday and there wasn’t to many ppl around but was windy which wasn’t so nice.  Woke up this morning to see there was some more moisture in teh air as the snow was a lot heavier than Sunday.  Lots of frsh stuff in the trees again which was great.  About lunch it started to rain lightly and I was pretty much done anyway so I bailed.  There is still a farkload of snow, almost all the way to the gates, when I got there Sunday morning there was snow on the cars at the gates.  If it doesn’t rain it should make next weekend pretty good as well.  Will put some pics up when I download em.

Sick stuff dude!! thanks for that.
I think i can only head up on thursday or wednesday. Im still waiting on a few people to get back to me which is really annoying to arrange….
Kinda sucks that im missing out on pow cos i got classes these few days even though its the school holidays….

Tomorrow is the day, I have work meetings so I’m filthy about that.  Had a few days off last week as my Grandfather passed away last Monday so was in Sydney for the funeral, not the best but he had a good innings.  Was weird, 28 degrees on Thursday/ Friday, surfing in a 2mm short arm steamer and then check the snow reports that night and it’s snowing.  Sitting at the airport Saturday arvo, checked again, 40 something cms so I booked a hostel bed for Sunday night before I got on the plane.  Left home just after 4am next day and into powder by 8am, boarded solo all day, was nice to get some time to myself.

Some pics for ya, did some minor PS on them, might be a little weird looking, I’m a little colourblind, let me know what you think.

Walking into the garbage contractors yard at the channel 7 sign, hard to tell but those footprints are about 30cms deep.

Was trying to get a shot of just how much snow there was last night, stomped my foot through about 50cms here, hard to tell though.

Night snow shot

Early today, first tracks through the trees off the side of LBS

Looking down from the same spot

Wombat chair, this was grass last Saturday and now jeaps of crew were riding it.

Wombat Chair Looking down

My rough melon enjoying the scenery and serenity ha ha.

My new favourite board outside Abom

The Road outside the YHA

The view on the road in from Mansfield

Again

You could say it snowed a little bit

Apparently they are only going to have 3 or 4 lifts open for the rest of the week as they don’t have enough staff for anymore.  If your going up and staying sort your dinner out early cause there is almost nuthin open and walking up to the Arlberg is a major pain in the arse.

Well today was a hoot as well. Wish I did go up Sunday though as the temps are getting warmer and the fresh snow was heavy at times. Still fun in the trees and then the groomers after it was tracked out. Only 3 lifts running, so if you head up tomorrow onwards be prepared for riding groomers only. Wombat only mid-point so it gets boring pretty quick.

Thanks for all the pics nthn!
The tree run pics are absolutely beautiful.

I’d be a little cautious riding trees by myself, but those looked safe enough to do, for sure.

That much snow so late in your season is way cool.

Bahhh midlift? still not gonna stop me….

Going up again tomorrow, not expecting much, anyone else headed up?