The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Koper’s Canada Road Trip

So it all begins.. I’ll start with a few pics. Hopefully I’ll have some cool pics and GoPro vids up in the next few days. ollie

Leaving Melbourne.

In the air for the first time in years.

After a few stops, I made it to Vancouver.. with all my bags lol.. LOL

Got to the Hotel, sat down for about 30 minutes.. Then went out ate some food, and smashed some beers with the crew.

Watch this space! gulp

Stoked for you, Koper. I’m looking forward to following your Canadian adventure!

Bit of an update. Left Vancouver today and got on the road to Whistler. Met up with the rest of the people on the tour, and got into our Hotel. First day of riding starts tomorrow!

Leaving Van. (the view from my hotel room.)

On the road.

Another one.

Dude, give me a buzz if you want to catch up. 604 906 2683. smile

Went riding today with Mizu, Mrs Mizu, skip11, and co.

I hope you’re having an awesome time so far!

nice, fun to see a TR develop along the way! I’m sure you’re having an epic time!

rider26 - 05 February 2012 03:25 AM

Dude, give me a buzz if you want to catch up. 604 906 2683. smile

Went riding today with Mizu, Mrs Mizu, skip11, and co.

I hope you’re having an awesome time so far!

Speaking of the princess, how did he go?

Yeah it’s been pretty sick. Snow wasn’t the best today, still good compared to OZ though. grin Did a few laps of the smaller section in the Blackcomb park and the Whistler park, then just cruised around seeing what was out there.

So good how there are pretty much whole runs of just park. Went through the pipes at the Blackcomb park as well just to see what they look like. The first one is ‘normal’ size but the other one is HUGE. Never really ridden pipe, so it was a bit different haha.

On our way up.

Not sure quite where we were, but it was pretty close to the top of Blackcomb. rolleyes

Peak to Peak - From Blackcomb to Whistler.

Peak to Peak again.

Hopefully get some pics of actual riding tomorrow or the day after. Possibly some GoPro vids as well.

Great shots!!

Thanks for the peak to peak ones especially!

Well today was a sick day of riding, had a solid crew of about 12 people and we had our own guide for the mountain, awesome guy, sick rider, who some of you might know as Shaner.

Still no fresh yet.. Got some awesome runs in anyway, pretty rad day. Blackcomb Glacier was probably a highlight for the day, HUGE. Was definitely different to what I’m used to riding! Also had a few good stacks haha, got them on video as well lol. LOL

Unfortunately I didn’t get as many photos or videos as I wanted to. I’ll probably grab a few off the other guys that did soon though. I also probably should have posted this at the start of my TR, but anyway..

This is what I’m doing.

damn.. nice trip

I’ve got a mate (Brother’s-Girlfriend’s Brother) over in Lake Louise who’s a park instructor for the whole season.. he’s loving it there.. you’re going to have an epic trip

Yeah that is an epic tour!

Pretty good price too.

Shaner was your guide?!? Cool!

Have a blast dude shaka

Today was my last day of riding in Whistler. Hiked up Flute Summit with a few of the boys… twice, well, went the whole way once and about half way the second time to get what was left of fresh tracks. Took a while and was a fair hike but totally worth it. Then did a lap through Whistler park after lunch and got a few shots of Blackcomb park after lunch.

Me at the half way mark to Flute Summit.

Flute Summit!

The view.

Chillin’ after the second hike.

Small jump line at Whistler Park that I’ve been riding.

Start of the Nintendo Park at Blackcomb, first small kicker.

Blackcomb XL Park.

Bit more of Blackcomb Park.

The big pipe.

That’s awesome, Koper. The tour sounds sick! I’m so stoked Shane got to take you guys around the mountains.

We both did our best to catch up tonight. Unfortunately the line at Crystal was the killer… we’ll have to do it another time. Take a rain check, beers on me.

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of your trip! shaka

Yeah it’s been awesome so far! The guided riding with Shane was probably the best day, although today was pretty sick, the hiking was killer though haha.. was sick to get what was left of a few fresh tracks. Karaoke at the Crystal must have been going off haha..

That’s awesome Koper! stoked you got Shane as the guide

that small jump line pic you posted looks pretty damn fun! i would love that! haha