The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Tee Shirt Exchange Thread

So this could be an Epic Fail but I would still like to try.

The idea came from Deano buying and sending me a Tee from Heavenly - Just cause. (Thanks again!)

So I wanted to do a Tee shirt exchange. My first thought was if you take a Tee you have to offer a tee - but decided to scrap that.

Anyone can offer to send a Tee and anyone can bags a Tee (first in first served) but you can’t take a tee more than once without offering a tee.

So I will go first. I will buy a Tshirt from Niseko and send it to the first person who bags it.

Anyone who is keen to join in - let us know where you are going and someone will hopefully want a Tee from there.

I approve of this thread. But as I am also going to Japan soon, I will pass on Oz’s T-shirt and will offer a Hakuba T-shirt if anyone wants one.

There is a pretty cool tshirt at cortina that I tried to buy but they didn’t have any in my size (small) it is a black shirt entitled the evolution of Man which ends in a snowboarder. I was going to ask someone in japan thread to keep an eye out for me but this thread seems like as good a place as any.

drc13 - 31 January 2012 11:32 AM

There is a pretty cool tshirt at cortina that I tried to buy but they didn’t have any in my size (small) it is a black shirt entitled the evolution of Man which ends in a snowboarder. I was going to ask someone in japan thread to keep an eye out for me but this thread seems like as good a place as any.

Something like this?

I think you can pick them up pretty much anywhere? Or something more specific to Cortina?

Since I am planning on going to Cortina, I will keep and eye out and you can be my T-shirt exchange smile

Thats the spirit drc13!

Similar idea mate but it did mention cortina on it, it was black and had a skier just in front of the snowboarder smile it was for sale in the main eye sore of a building you can’t miss it. I’m reading this on my phone so haven’t quite got my head around the exchange process I was just planning on getting someone to keep an eye out at cortina and if they don’t mind grabbing one in my size id send them the money when they get back to oz.

The idea is that no money is exchanged. Next time you go on holidays somewhere, offer to buy a shirt and see if anyone wants one. You can only request a shirt for the amount of shirts you have purchased + 1. (So everyone can take up to 1 and then each time they purchase 1 for someone else, they are eligible to request another shirt if they want one.)

———————————

If any of the America / Canada people are willing to partake, I would jump on a shirt from a (non-whistler) snowfield. Sorry, I want something a little less Auzzie Central lol.

I like this idea! Except I probably won’t ask for a t-shirt from somewhere I haven’t been myself!

I agree with you Cords! And that was my original premise… does anyone else forget to do souvenir type shopping on holidays…??

My mum got really angry with me the last time I went to the US and didn’t bring her anything at all (I learnt my lesson and made up by it by going OTT on the gifts last time I was in Japan!)

But then I also like the idea of say Sc4rF4c3 offering up a shirt (no pressure there!) or some other random place.

im interested in this, not going anywhere exciting yet though….thailand in april if someone requests something from there haha

oh and i agree i like the idea scarface proposed but then we might need a tally of who has taken what and offered how many etc to keep it fair

What did Scarface propose?
I will start a tally.

**Tally**

Deanobruce - Tahoe tee - taken by Ozgirl
Ozgirl - 2 x Niseko Tee - RPS & Deano to take
TJ - Hukuba Tee - drc to take

sorry Oz, i meant about just offering up a shirt no money exchanged and then that person can’t take another tee without offering one up first…but now reading over your first post again, it looks like it was always no money exchanged just shirts…my bad teacherboy

ill bags the niseko tee shaka

Done - what size are you?

medium thanks Oz grin