The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Biggest Teahupoo Ever, Shot on the Phantom camera WATCH

BIGGEST TEAHUPOO EVER, SHOT ON THE PHANTOM CAMERA.

This day at Teahupoo- Aug 27th 2011 during the Billabong Pro waiting period is what many are calling the biggest and gnarliest Teahupoo ever ridden. Chris Bryan was fortunate enough to be there working for Billabong on a day that will go down in the history of big wave surfing. The French Navy labeled this day a double code red prohibiting and threatening to arrest anyone that entered the water.
Kelly Slater described the day by saying “witnessing this was a draining feeling being terrified for other people’s lives all day long, it’s life or death. Letting go of that rope one time can change your life and not many people will ever experience that in their life.”
All images where shot by Chris Bryan using the Phantom HD Gold camera. To see more of Chris’ work check out his website. http://WWW.CHRISBRYANFILMS.COM
Music: Lower Your Eyelids to Die with the Sun’ by M83.

That is awesome.

I cannot begin to get my head around the size and power of that water. shaka

video doesnt exist?

deanobruce - 13 January 2012 12:09 AM

video doesnt exist?

He did use a phantom camera!!!!!

haha touche’

Looks like they removed the video.  long face

I’ve done a search, but it doesn’t look like the video is living elsewhere on the net either.

Yeah it’s weird it’s been taken down. It had 50,000 views in the last 24 hours and heaps of likes and comments. I’m guessing there was an issue with sponsors or one of his clients etc. He is a big time filmer.