The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

DriftHD hands on (with videos)

I have the Sony Action Cam, the original one, a mate had the second version and they’re both good.  I have used other peoples GoPro’s but didn’t particularly like them.  Used the Drift as well but not sure which one but didn’t mind it.  The Sony even in the first version case recorded decent audio, I generally shoot in 720P at 120fps, good enough for most everything I want to do

How is your Sony going NBG, you’ve had it a while now - how does it compare to the second version?

Spaz I haven’t pulled it out in quite some time to be honest, last time I used it was in Tonga in November last year.  I haven’t really spent much time with the second version but just looking at my mates one the camera itself and the housing is a lot slimmer and smaller, the housing I would say correspondingly isn’t as robust in terms of depths it can withstand and I would probably add impact to that as well. 

Picture quality I can’t comment as I havent seen any video from it.  If I was going and buying a new one I would probably get the new version though with the 1080 at 60fps capability.  Just had a squiz on the website and it would seem Mark Matthews is sponsored by Sony as he’s in the promo vid getting barrelled at Shipsterns.