The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Do you skate? (or interested in skateboarding?)

The skate section of the website is approximately three months away from launching. Just wondering if you skate or have any interest in skating?

If you skate, what would you like to see in the skate section? We are currently working on a lot of quality content, but a good idea is always worth looking into…

I’m really excited to get the skate section up and running…

i’m looking forward to a challenge section…like face your fears but not really!

you know for people who dont skate to have a go at it…try a kickflip or popshuvit or something…then film it and post it up.

A trick book/tutorial, best skate locations etc.
Although skate locations would be really hard to set up and would be heaps better as a forum thread.

There will be a lot of trick tip videos, as well as locations. We’re already on it. wink

There will also be a locations section in the forums.

Thats sick as man. Im more of a longboarder as i use my board to get around more than at parks. I used to have a longboard but i sold it to fund a couple of trips up to the snow last year…. have yet to get back on that board yet.

huge interest / participation in the sport of 4 wheels. so dope.

anyway now that my shoulders effed anyway i can help out getting it off the ground, lemme know.

Videos that make you go “wowowwww, is that real?” wink
Mainly, i think that you can still nearly mimick the snow section and it’ll be great.
although definitely easier said than done

Video submissions is a great idea.

I used to skate heavily many years ago, highschool and for the few years afterwards.
I still have a board and skate it now and them… only a couple times each year.

I think Messageboard culture is much more for snowboarders…
I say that because we cant snowboard year round, and not being able to do it increases our desire to ride, and talking about it is a way we can almost partake in it.
As for skateboarding you can really skate anywhere and any time.
I think not being able to snowboard brings people to talk about it, whereas with skateboarding you can almost always do it.
Does that make any sense?

I would think the snow forums would be more active than the skate forums…
but I could be wrong.

I think the sticker contest could continue for the skateboarders!!!
Another photo contest, and even a video contest, maybe if there are enough posting videos.

You raise a very valid point, slider. However, because you can skate anywhere anytime, this brings about many more topics than snowboarding.

used to skate, love watching it

bit too old for it now, can’t afford the injuries wink

very keen for the skate section. J if you need any help let me know.

Here is a preview for Boardworld Skate…

Layout etc… will be different when we launch.

https://www.boardworld.com.au/content/category/skate-the-ollie

Loooove it. Cant wait for it to launch smile

Cheers dude, yeah I’m really looking forward to launching Boardworld Skate. I will post updates in this thread.

Sick as man. Sounds like you’re crazily occupied with getting it ready….are there many people working on it?

Yeah we have a really good crew working on the skate section. I’m stoked to be working with them.