The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

HEY AZZ, what’s the best way to repair a tear?????

Since your the best man to canvas on this subject!!!!!

I’ve got a tear in my DaKine Coffin and it’s headin over to Whis pretty soon!!!!! (My fault when I stupidly dragged the bag across some broken tiles on some steps)

teacherboy

What’s the best solution?????

Ahhh bugger! That sucks Mizu!

**Enter Azz**

Yeah, it wasn’t one of my most skillful moments!!!!!  downer

thats massive how did you not hear or see it at the start????

hahahaha ouch.

I heard it scrapin but kept on luggin it up and over the stair!!!!!  teacherboy

It was only when I decided to stop, that I got an ear bashin off the boss!!!!!  LOL

Hmmmm, let me think….............

......Answer: Dont be an idot with ur new bag teacherboy

hmmm

Ok, best results, hit a trimmer or boot repair dude with an open arm machine. They should be able to patch it for you.

If you want to do it yourself. Head to a marine trimmer, get some boat hooding (any fabric that has a roughish back)
Then get some Sikaflex, should be able pick at Bunnings, comes in white or black, get black.

now glue a bit of the fabric either side. Its not going to last forever, but it will get you out of the poo.

Cheers Azz!!!!!

You Da Man!!!!!  shaka

Azz - 22 December 2011 08:46 AM

Ok, best results, hit a trimmer or boot repair dude with an open arm machine. They should be able to patch it for you.

If you want to do it yourself. Head to a marine trimmer, get some boat hooding (any fabric that has a roughish back)
Then get some Sikaflex, should be able pick at Bunnings, comes in white or black, get black.

now glue a bit of the fabric either side. Its not going to last forever, but it will get you out of the poo.

Maybe hitting him wouldnt be the best way to ask for help LOL

I was only gonna do it with an open palm!!!!! At first!!!!!

LOL

haha good luck with that one, Mizu. I had a similar tear on my board bag magically happen between when I checked my bag in and when I picked it up after a flight. Freddy used some kind of fibreglass resin to seal it up I think (I’ll check with him in the morning - he’s zzzzing now!). Semi-permanent but it held us together quite nicely for our 2wk NZ trip this year & is still together. Just do it a few days in advance so it has enough time to dry properly…we didn’t and the resin stank the car out on the way to the train and then the train carriage on the way up to the airport. hahaha

Hahahahaa, yeah the bag will be in our studio accom for the two weeks, so I’ll def make sure it’s got some glue/resin/azz’s reco on it asap, thanks cords!!!!!