The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Stomp Pads

So big and spikey is what I should be looking for?  Beautiful.  I also like the idea of my stomp pad having a toolbox in it.  I guess my only concern is that it would be a little too lumpy, but maybe I will check it out. 

My board doesnt look amazing, but it fits my theme.  Everything I own is snow white except for my gloves.  My board is mostly white, with some blue.  When I lay in the snow I dissapear.  I imagine myself as a James Bond villian out in Siberia or something.  It will look much more awesome when my skills catch up with my imagination.  Clear stomp pads are ideal!

I am concerned that it doesnt kill vampires, though.

if you do go with the spikes
many people complain about them falling off

i think they dont follow the instructions too well imo

my group and myself got the spikes (studs/pyramids/cross/etc mainly dakine ones some are bakoda) on
we’ve installed around odd 30 spikes we put on only 1 has ever fallen off….think its due to being forced off rather than glue not sticking

bottom line…follow the instructions you should have no problems

Whats so hard?
1. Peel the sticky off the back
2. Stick them on
3. Put some yellow pages on top of the stomp pad over night
4. Never lose any.

My guess is people stick them on and then go riding and wonder why they fall off…

i have no idea
i’ve heard many complaints with dakine cross

ive put it on 3 boards so far and not one piece have fallen off

i had some dakine ones that lasted years. then i got a bakoda one that slide down my board when i stood it up after 24 hours of restin phones books and Arnies bodybuilding encyclopaedia on top of it.

Must have been a glue defect, but i dont rock stomp pads anymore so meh.
But i did like the studs over the plastic/Big pads