The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Record Days on Snow for 1 Season

My season in Jindy I got to somewhere around 40 days during the season… and we hiked for 3 days over Anzac day smile

I was there for about 16 weeks of the season with 2-3 days riding each week. and about 4 in my last week before I went home. so 16x2 = 32 and +4 = 36 would be minimum I’d say.

My first season at Heavenly I would have done at least 5 days a week (didn’t work on the mtn but got ski breaks most days) I still have my pass which was back in the day where we had to get a printed ticket and we used to wrap the day pass over the top of one another! I could peel each pass off to count actual days but it would ruin the pass!

Last season I did every second weekend plus a few more days here and there and quick tally got me to about 32! Pretty good for living in Sydney!

5 downer

Bloody Perth rage

Gonna try and stay at perisher for 12 days for the shred though!!!

18 days so far, still a long way to my target 40

NOHE = 25 in japan in 2010
SOHE = 17 in perisher 2011
Hope to better my SOHE this year and NOHE next.

I think i’m on about 70 days for this season…the season here isn’t as long as the whistler season though so i’ll be all out of days by april 10th….most of those days (about 65%) are working days but that’s teaching and even teaching days often have breaks of several hours to get some more challenging runs in.

Ah crap, I forgot to own up to the fact that quite a few of those days I had to wear these weird hard shoes that get really cold and make you walk like an idiot…..

Wow there is some big totals in this thread. A mere total of about 20 days on the snow for me over two seasons. Looking to better that this coming season.

1 x 7 days snow holiday with family
2 - 3 weekend trips
2 - 3 day trips from Canberra
1 x 3 days at the Shred

Plus anything over that will be a bonus. This year with the Perisher Freedom Pass if the conditions/weather is good I’ll take a day off work and head down.

MU

Aidy - 14 February 2012 03:39 AM

Ah crap, I forgot to own up to the fact that quite a few of those days I had to wear these weird hard shoes that get really cold and make you walk like an idiot…..

What are ya tryin to tell us here, Aidy?????

OMG…......... you’re a skier!!!!!!  big surprise

HERETIC!!

This is my old staff pass from Heavenly…

If you called in sick for work or did a no show you couldn’t get a pass for the day. But it didn’t stop us from going to other resorts on a powder day!

One powder day my friend and her boy were seen digging out her car. Another guy thought they would be nice and told our boss (in front of everyone during our staff meeting) that they were seen digging the car out so they will prob be late… the boss just says - they both called in sick today…. Neither of them showed their face at the resort again. This girl is still one of my best friends (the one i talk about who lives in San Fran.

I think last year I got between 22 and 25 days. Not bad for an Aus season and not livin at the snow.

this year is going to be my most days on snow, i can feel it in me bones!

Hells yes Deano!

Mizu Kuma - 21 February 2012 11:24 PM
Aidy - 14 February 2012 03:39 AM

What are ya tryin to tell us here, Aidy?????

OMG…......... you’re a skier!!!!!!  big surprise

Ha Ha you’ve got me! 

I payed the price for my heretical way yesterday.  I was doing a bit of ski park and ate it sliding a flat bar.  I have the biggest bruise of my life on my arse!  It’s about the size of your hand if you spread your fingers out and it’s purple, seriously dark purple!

I think i’m gonna miss my day off tomorrow, was gonna go send it in the pow and try and work on some front flips so I’m not overly stoked as you can imagine!