The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Your Record Days on Snow for 1 Season

Whats your best few years.
I want to see some high numbers

So for 1 Season how many days on snow did you get

Heres my top three years.

129 - All Whistler Blackcomb winter 2010/11
64 -  Wentworth, Martock, Sunday River, Le Massif, Mont Saint Anne 2008/09
36 - Martock, Wentworth, Sugarloaf 2009/10

This year will top them all!

Dang, my best is last season (which was my 2nd) 35 days.

That’s an awesome tally there CB!!!!!

My record so far was last year at 14 (12) days!!!!!

2 at Thredbo + 5 at Falls Creek + 7 (Well 5 really, due to injury on the morin of the 5th) at Thredbo (Boardworld Shred)

And I’ll be doin that many days when I go to Whistler!!!!!  LOL

My record must be from the 08/09 Whistler season. Besides for a few days off due to injury and a coule of days in Vancouver, I pretty much rode every single day. Must have been somewhere near the 150 day mark. I think at one point I rode something like 90 consecutive days.

Last season I hit exactly 100 days for the season. I found more of a balance between riding and work. I was happy with 100 days.

I’ve done 11 so far this season. I think my goal is somewhere around the 100 day mark again, hopefully more. smile

I think in Australia the most I did in one season was about 40 or so days.

lol mine is like 9 in Australia but only ever done 2 seasons of riding so far previous was 7

My highest was 83 days in Whistler 10/11. I really wanted to get 100 but had some injury problems. Can’t complain too much with 83 though smile

Second best was 14 days in Oz this year.

Question for all the 100+ people, is that including days that you worked on the mountain (like lifty etc)??

Mine was 13 last year combo of NZ and Aus

im not too sure to be honest…around 20 maybe?

not sure on exact numbers for my first season in Whistler was probably 80+ non work days
Last season I hit around 100 days in total not counting my work days - pass was reset to 0 when I was laid off so lost the total unfortunately.

Average work day would include 3-4 runs minimum.

So far this season I think I’m up to around 12-13 days so far.

Dan83 - 17 December 2011 12:04 AM

Question for all the 100+ people, is that including days that you worked on the mountain (like lifty etc)??

For me, yes. I was teaching though, so usually spend the whole day riding anyway. We also had morning sessions where we get to rip a couple of runs with other instructors before the mountain opens to the public. Second half of the season the gondola keeps running till late, so we can head up after work with the other instructors and do a late top to bottom run.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, the season I did approx 150 days, I was super lazy with work and would always try to get days off to go riding with my friends. I think I only taught about 30 or so days. It’s actually how I met Michelle; she was injured and I was hanging around trying to get the day off. LOL

Most I did I think was 136 at Whistler. I dislocated my shoulder that year and missed a month too! That was riding 5 days a week.
Last season was pretty good: 59 while still working full time har har har

my first and only season in Sweden I did 85 or 86 days. would have been more but I had two pretty bad bouts of sickness that kept me out for about 10 other days I would have liked to ridden.

rider26 - 17 December 2011 04:59 AM

. . . It’s actually how I met Michelle; she was injured and I was hanging around trying to get the day off. LOL

Slacker Jez shirkin’ responsibility, playin’ by his own rules, stickin’ it to da man.

Yep, the pretty girls lurrrrrrrrve the bad boys!  shaka

Planning to hit 40 this season

chucky - 18 December 2011 11:39 AM
rider26 - 17 December 2011 04:59 AM

. . . It’s actually how I met Michelle; she was injured and I was hanging around trying to get the day off. LOL

Slacker Jez shirkin’ responsibility, playin’ by his own rules, stickin’ it to da man.

Yep, the pretty girls lurrrrrrrrve the bad boys!  shaka

Hahaha. Australians have even a worse rep over here. LOL

im up to 40 so far.  been pritty slack on and off and was sick for a week

loving life.