The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Snowboard Day 2011 - Win 1 of 6 Prize Packs!

THAT’S what we want to see - great job finney!

Cheers guys grin

rider26 - 11 December 2011 02:46 AM

Yeah, a big thank you to chucky. This promotion was his initiative and wouldn’t have happened without him. Thanks chucky!

shaka Well done chucky!!!!!

I was up all night thinkin of somethin to do!!!!!  hmmm

But stoked that I got most of it done today, with the help of Mrs Mizu and Baby Mizu!!!!!  cool smile

A little more work, and my entry will be submitted soon!!!!!  smirk

Snowboarding is great because in australia it is a rarity. The speed, the carves, the air, the adrenalin. Even though I am not great at it I get up each day planning to ride from first lift to last lift, just so I can get that fix of adrenalin. The surroundings are also a very important part of snowboarding to me. In Australia I love how there are gum trees with snow surrounding them. A place that can be 30 degrees in summer and -10 degrees in winter just amazes me. I love going somewhere for a holiday and only thinking about snowboarding. Everyday I am not snowboarding I am thinking of when and where I will be riding next. I already have my snow holidays planned until feb 2013. I dont care what snow I am riding as long as I am riding it. here are a few pics of my snowboarding life so far . . .

I got an idea… just have to try to implement though smile

Mizu Kuma - 12 December 2011 03:00 AM
Sc4rF4c3 - 12 December 2011 01:58 AM
Mizu Kuma - 11 December 2011 07:44 PM
Sc4rF4c3 - 11 December 2011 01:52 PM
ozgirl - 11 December 2011 08:26 AM

hopefully improving on my avatar grin

haha now that’s a god plan :p

Maybe ya wanna speak to rider, he’s already got the divine intervention policy already!!!!!

talking about a divine intervention someone did a real good job with your avatar smirk

Yeah it was the “Holy One”, Jezowitz from Jerusalem!!!!!

Hehe just saw all this! Bring on Japan!!!

I believe in love at first sight.

It all started when I was a little one… I remember going off on holiday with my family to our local hill and instantly falling in love. The excitement of the drive up; the spotting of the first chunks of snow on the side of the road (all the while my brother shouting “There’s snow! There’s snow!”); building snowmen, snowball fights… The sheer excitement and feeling of my first visit is still something I treasure today.

Fast forward 20+ years and it’s turned into an obsession. Honestly – I think I have a problem. My friends call me crazy. They say I’m a ‘seasonal’ friend – only around from September to May. My husband calls me a seasonal wife. I laugh it off – but it’s true. Come Friday and I’m gone.  Don’t book me in for any functions – because I’m not coming.

“Where’s Billy?”

“Oh.”

“Are you going to the snow, AGAIN?!”

wink

There are so many things that I love about snowboarding. The freedom, the release, the wind on your face. The little “Wheeeeeeee!!!” I let out when I’m riding all by myself. The cranking up of Icehouses’ “Great Southern Land” on my iPod, staring across the valleys and getting a little sentimental. To me, there’s nothing like standing at a top of a mountain and just being of awe of what is around. Amazing.

To me, it is not about my ‘steeze’ or how ‘gnarly’ I can be. It’s about my passion, my love for the outdoors, the world being my playground. It’s about getting better within myself – and seeing my friends progress too. It’s sharing my love with the snow with others – and trying my best to pass the ‘bug’ onto anyone I know.

Snowboarding gives me so much fulfilment in my life. I am so grateful for the opportunities it has given me, the places it has taken me and the most amazing people (FRIENDS) it has introduced into my life.

This is who I am, and what I love. I love snowboarding.

PS. I’ve also made a little video to go with my entry. Enjoy! smile

My entry into the comp!!!!!

MIZU! That is AWESOME!! Hahahah! LOL

Thanks Billy!!!!!  cool smile

I just finished watchin your vid!!!!! Awesome pics in there, and I’m second guessin my decision to miss Japan this season now!!!!!  long face

My only complaint about ya vid though….......... I’m NOT in there!!!!!  downer

Mizu Kuma - 14 December 2011 07:45 AM

Thanks Billy!!!!!  cool smile

I just finished watchin your vid!!!!! Awesome pics in there, and I’m second guessin my decision to miss Japan this season now!!!!!  long face

My only complaint about ya vid though….......... I’m NOT in there!!!!!  downer

Oh no!!! Sorry Miz! Here you go wink

Hahahaaa!!!!! Warren’s touchin me and I look like I’m off my face?????

Mizu Kuma - 14 December 2011 07:53 AM

Hahahaaa!!!!! Warren’s touchin me and I look like I’m off my face?????

Sorry!! LOL Changed it!

What a good lookin bunch!!!!!  smirk

Great vids kids, gonna work on mine over the weekend yeewwwwwwwwwwwwww