The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

World Snowboard Day 2011 - Win 1 of 6 Prize Packs!

ozgirl - 11 December 2011 08:26 AM

hopefully improving on my avatar grin

haha now that’s a god plan :p

Make sure to go to

http://www.world-snowboard-day.com/en/program.aspx?id=497

and click on ‘I’LL BE THERE!’ (bottom right) for Boardworld’s event - ‘World Snowboard Day Downunder’. Let’s show the rest of the world how much Australians LOVE snowboarding!

Sweet! I don’t think I’ll have time to put in a decent entry. For the next few months I’ll be trying to forget how much snowboarding means to me because I wont be shredding pow until June :-(

Sc4rF4c3 - 11 December 2011 01:52 PM

Maybe ya wanna speak to rider, he’s already got the divine intervention policy already!!!!!

This thread is relevant to my interests…

Snowboarding, to me, is a chance to leave my cares and worries behind - I may be terrible at it but I love it.  Snowboarding is one of those things to me that just makes time stand still.

Mizu Kuma - 11 December 2011 07:44 PM

Maybe ya wanna speak to rider, he’s already got the divine intervention policy already!!!!!

talking about a divine intervention someone did a real good job with your avatar smirk

Sc4rF4c3 - 12 December 2011 01:58 AM
Mizu Kuma - 11 December 2011 07:44 PM

talking about a divine intervention someone did a real good job with your avatar smirk

Yeah it was the “Holy One”, Jezowitz from Jerusalem!!!!!

Snowboarding means freedom, where else can you forget about everything and just chase the elusive perfect run through the powder.

Sweet as I know what I’m gonna do on the day!!!

With apologies to Alan Watts, British philosopher):

“Trying to define snowboarding is like trying to bite your teeth. Impossible to do but you have a hell of a time doing it.”

Pow Wow - 12 December 2011 11:42 PM

With apologies to Alan Watts, British philosopher):

“Trying to define snowboarding is like trying to bite your teeth. Impossible to do but you have a hell of a time doing it.”

and it hurts if you do it too long in one time :D

true SC4rF4c3 but we all have to sacrifice ourselves at times…

Back when I first started snowboarding it was a change from skiing, a new challenge which is what I was after at the time. Every year it was an excuse to escape the city and go enjoy the peace and beauty of the mountains and hang out with a bunch of mates for a weekend or a week at a time. For many years it carried on this way but now it means so much more having done 2 seasons overseas.

Snowboarding has pretty much become a driving point with where I’m at in my life, it’s been a reason to go to work mon-fri knowing that the end goal is there, to get up the hill. Snowboarding pretty much means the world to me, more than what I can probably say in a few words here - theres a certain smile I have on my face when I’m on a hill strapped in ready to go snowboarding, some of you have no doubt seen it and I’m sure it’s the same for many others.

It brings likeminded people together and creates friendships which will last for life. It’s not all about who can throw a huge trick in the park or who can drop the biggest cornice or cliff - don’t get me wrong doing both can be fun, but snowboarding is simply about having fun, enjoying and being yourself. See someone just after they’ve linked their first turns after persevering over those first couple of days with a bruised ass from catching one too many heel edges or someone nailing a fresh powder line after getting up early and waiting for hours and they are over the moon. Nothing you could say to them would bring them down from where they’re at.

Snowboarding is basically the best ‘partner’ you can have in life, it’ll make you smile, laugh uncontrollably, pick you up when you’re down and also does an awesome job of killing the worst of hangovers. You put in as much as you want and you get what you put in back from it tenfold.

Thats pretty much all I can think of right now, so yeah go get out there.. have a shred, feel like a little kid all over again.

Awesome entry, finney! shaka

Yeewww!!!!! Kids Centre Hahahahaa!!!!!  shaka