The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Never Summer boards

Hi everyone, first time poster here.  Been riding for 2 years, have a great little Option board (was a hand-me-down from a friend when I started riding) but I bought a Perisher season pass for 2012 and have decided to buy a new board.  After weeks and weeks of reading, watching videos, talking to other riders, I’ve decided a Never Summer SL will be my new stick.

The question I’d like advice on is where to get this board?  I’ve checked out most of the Australian online stores and not a single one sells Never Summer boards.  Is my only option here to buy from overseas?  The only stores I found which I’ve bought from before are dogfunk and eternal snow, they both have the board for $509 USD.  I’m probably prepared to pay that if I can’t find it anywhere else cheaper, but I’d like to hear from anyone else who has a Never Summer board which they bought either locally or had imported.

Cheers!

Hey morris, Welcome to Boardworld!!!!!

Give Cherri Cherri Pow Pow a ring on 02 6456 1673!!!!! They are in Jindy, and will back ya up if ya ever get into any drama with it, unlike the OS Internet way!!!!!

Ask for Clint and tell him that Andrew sent ya his way!!!!! (He might tell ya to F%$^ Off, but it’s always worth a try!!!!!)

And keep an eye out for The 2012 Shred, cause it will be held in Perisher this time around!!!!!

shaka

cherri pow is the only distributer and being the case he has a rediculous markup on never summer boards.. the webstore is shit so you will have to call or email… have a look around and look at some other boards and see what other board shops would suggest also. Where you located?

Whats your style/type of riding? Park , all mountain? What sort of board type you prefer rocker ,camber, hybrid? The never summers are a camber/rocker combo im pretty sure so a YES board could be up your alley

Yeah, pretty sure that YES and Never Summer both come out of the same factory, Nideker!!!!!

Never summer boards are hardly ever on sale anywhere!

And Never in Summer!!!!!

I didn’t know Never Summer were also made by Nidecker, interesting…

Nope. Never Summer is it’s own company, they make they’re own boards in Colorado. Not made by Nidecker.

Welcome to Boardworld, morris! cool smile

As Mizu mentioned, give Cherri Pow in Jindaybyne a call - http://www.cherripow.com/. They are the distributors for NS in Australia and always have a good supply of the boards. Speak to Shane or Shirvo (Clint), tell them you’re from Boardworld and I’m sure they will look after you (I wouldn’t associate yourself with this ‘Andrew’ character wink ).

Let us know if you have any success / problems.

I am pretty sure that they have a 3 year warranty on their boards as well. Which I definitely think is a confident backing on there boards.
There longboards (skate) look amazing as well they have some crazy inserts in them like the lib tech snow boards to stop the ends getting smoked up.

Mizu Kuma - 07 December 2011 07:10 AM

And Never in Summer!!!!!

No, bad mizu bad mizu. No dad jokes.

Also always back an Australian store you will never know when they are going to come in handy. The amount of people that save some money now only to have it bite them later, is all to familiar a senerio. Sometimes it is tempting though when it is hard to find what you are after.

skip11 - 07 December 2011 04:21 PM

Nope. Never Summer is it’s own company, they make they’re own boards in Colorado. Not made by Nidecker.

Well there ya go!!!!!! I must have dreamt that one then?????  red face

rider26 - 07 December 2011 05:57 PM

(I wouldn’t associate yourself with this ‘Andrew’ character wink ).

downer

C J Parker - 07 December 2011 08:27 PM
Mizu Kuma - 07 December 2011 07:10 AM

And Never in Summer!!!!!

No, bad mizu bad mizu. No dad jokes.

downer

Not sure that I like this thread!!!!!  mad