The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

I also…

Poll: I also...
Total Votes: 5
Longboard (skate)
Snowboard
Surf
Other (please specify)

Like most of us I do a few sports.
Skate, snowboard and golf are my main poisons at the moment.  I was wondering if any of you were in the same boat.
If you are wondering why longboard has been put in as a separate thing it is to get an idea if anyone is a keen long boarder and does sliding and so forth.

I just realised I only skate… I should do more sports LOL

I’ll probably start going to the gym again after xmas.

After you stuffed yourself like a turkey. tongue rolleye
I was going to the gym and that helped my skating, especially with strengthing certain muscles to help with injury prevention.

- snowboard
- mountain bike ride
- kickboxing (muay thai)

keeps me pretty busy, and try to get in a few games of BF3 most nights after work as well lol LOL

Edit: Also have a longboard that I just cruise around on when I don’t feel like driving etc. i don’t slide or do any of the hardcore longboard stuff though lol

While I don’t ride a conventional skatey, I do have a Longboard that I ride very rarely, I would love to snowboard so much more, I do surf both shortboards and longboards as well!!!!!

A round of ambrose with a carton of beer a couple of times a year, is my extent with golf!!!!! I suck big times at it as well!!!!!

I used to play feild hockey, but my knees/body just can’t hack the smashin anymore!!!!!

- Snowboard
- Surf (just learned dance  but i don’t have my own board yet)
- Freebord (like a Longboard but designed to work like a snowboard, kind sketchy though). With my new job at Alpine Beach, I’ve found Longboards to be more fun and less sketchy. Thinking I’ll get one, but hey, like I don’t spend enough on my addictions.

I do other things too but I’m slowly narrowing all my efforts into Standing Sideways rocker

Standing Sideways is rad. I think that is why golf works good for me as well.

Haha that’s true. I’ve never thought about that. I wonder if ‘I Ride Sideways’ will bring out some golf shirts next season smile
I’ve only played a few times but golf is pretty cool. Have u ever played Frisbee Golf?
It’s almost the same except way more beer is involved billy

No I haven’t played frisbee golf. Although I have though of maybe adapting golf to be skate/snowboarding friendly. Be awesome I reckon, ride up tee off and on to the hole. Maybe some features to hit in between, your score is a combination of strokes and steez.

Is anyone else on this forum heaps into wake boarding? I’m also keen golfer? Are you handicapped CJ?

Im into waking but don’t have my own boat and the guys I go with I dont see that much anymore. So much fun bout on the boat all day. Next time really wanna give wake skating a go

I love wakeboarding.

rider26 - 02 March 2012 01:45 AM

I love wakeboarding.

and Ice Skating. Cant forget that LOL

Wake skating is so fun till you try shuvs and cop a shinner

TT, check this out: https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4923/

K2, shut up and buy another handbag. raspberry

I have only done wakeboarding once but loved it.
Golf wise I have been handicapped yet but I am sure its not good. Just play for the fun of it. Had lessons and that made a difference.