The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Goggles!

i rock anon…somethigns. fit me awesome and never had a problem.

Won some dragons off here that are my backup pair so cant confirm the fit on them as of yet

Has anyone tried the Oakley Airbrakes?

from what i hear
the price point is really high ...mainly because all models come with “free” lens (which is the price difference between splice and airbrakes)

actually using them?...no they werent released until after our season ended (...well definitely not the beginning anyways because i went to their demo day stall at start of season there was no airbrakes in sight)

they are splices with the flip lock technology
same principle as the Smith i/o’s

do you really plan on changing lens often is the question you need to ask yourself if you are looking to buy these…most people i know cbf carrying lens around with them…or even in the car

I got the smith I/O and they are sweet, big as hell but that’s not a bad thing, and the lenses swap out super quick and the frame is made of rubber you can do whatever with them and they just bounce right back grin highly recommend

humdingaling - 11 November 2011 02:42 AM

from what i hear
the price point is really high ...mainly because all models come with “free” lens (which is the price difference between splice and airbrakes)

actually using them?...no they werent released until after our season ended (...well definitely not the beginning anyways because i went to their demo day stall at start of season there was no airbrakes in sight)

do you really plan on changing lens often is the question you need to ask yourself if you are looking to buy these…most people i know cbf carrying lens around with them…or even in the car

That is exactly what I thought haha, the only reason I considered them was that they looked like they had a larger field of vision but the whole changing lense thing conveniently doesn’t really sell it for me.

Well the field of vision is a big part for me and they have it, you don’t have that restricted feeling that u get from the smaller models and the interchanging lenses I like cause skiiing from a bright ass day to the night without changing lenses gets tricky in my opinion

deanobruce - 10 November 2011 11:09 AM

i rock anon…somethigns. fit me awesome and never had a problem.

Won some dragons off here that are my backup pair so cant confirm the fit on them as of yet

Yeah, I got some Anon - The Realm!!!!! Good gear!!!!!

humdingaling - 11 November 2011 02:42 AM

from what i hear

70% of the time i carry my spare lens in my front jacket pocket.

I can’t be bothered changing lenses so I just have 4 pairs of goggles in the car.
They last me a while and I just pick up a pair every couple of years whenever I find a good sale.
On a heavy powder day I sometimes have a spare pair in the backpack.

but anyways, the anon gold mirrors are awesome allround lenses. They handle all conditions with
flying colours! I was also happily surprised with dragon rogues. The blue ion lenses were great in
low light/flat light.

i managed to pick up some oakley lens for cheap so now i carry them in the car also

Black irid/hi vis for splice
clear/fire iridum for the crowbars