The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Anyone’s fisherman?

I believe few (or more than few!) of you go fishing?  cool smile

Myself as proud queenslander and the sunshine state have a great fishing spots.
I’m fairly serious fisherman and own a tinny, often fish fornightly depending the weather conditions.
I go fishing bewteen Spring and Autumn and don’t bother fish in the winter its bloody cold and not many fish to catch.
Thats why I’m interest in snowboarding in the winter unfortunately too far away to snowfields… grrr

I most go fish in Moreton Bay for mainly snapper, reefie and pelagic.
I prefer fishing with plastic lures on light fishing gear yeah its ton of fun…

Will post photo’s later

Feel free to post yourself - where and what fish you target?

Yeh I love my fishing. Love fishing on the Murray river for cod and bream. But happy with catchin what ever. Just enjoy being out there.

If im close to home I usually head downt he peninsula and fish off piers. Usually get flathead and squid. But again dont really go out for specific fish (well do choose bait depending on whats biting) but just happy for some bites and catches.

My best fishing album (I do have lots of photo but post few as I can)

My belove tinny powered with 30hp yammy

My secret fishing spot in Moreton Bay

My PB snapper 87cm or 7.5kg caught on 6lb braid…

Best bag in an hour and half

92cm spotty mackeral

Trevally caught in Whitsunday

Barra caught near Townsville

cant see any of the pics silent confused

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 04 October 2011 10:35 AM

cant see any of the pics silent confused

Yeh I’m having trouble with my photobucket later and now its sorted out… grin

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 04 October 2011 10:16 AM

Yeh I love my fishing. Love fishing on the Murray river for cod and bream. But happy with catchin what ever. Just enjoy being out there.

If im close to home I usually head downt he peninsula and fish off piers. Usually get flathead and squid. But again dont really go out for specific fish (well do choose bait depending on whats biting) but just happy for some bites and catches.

I agreed with you “to enjoy being out there” I love the sunrise while I fishing in the bay

By the way loved squid so fresh….

Awesome fish u caught! Can see pics now

Yeh we love our fresh squid.
I love Sittin by a river watchin the sun rise or set while fishin with a beer next to a fire. And the sunrises look sick on the bay too

Awesome fish u caught! Can see pics now

Yeh we love our fresh squid.
I love Sittin by a river watchin the sun rise or set while fishin with a beer next to a fire. And the sunrises look sick on the bay too

Sick tinny! We are keen to get something like that. What’s it like out in the bay?

I grew up fishing in the snowy mountains for trout. Mostly at Lake Eucumbene, so many good memories!!! Wish we got up there as often now as we use to. Cold but great!!!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 04 October 2011 10:50 AM

Sick tinny! We are keen to get something like that. What’s it like out in the bay?

shaka
Moreton bay can turn nasty in shortly…. gulp
I always check weather before I go, just give you an idea the distance from boat ramp to Moreton Island is about 37km the shortest
would take my tinny reach island about 40 minute in perfect weather. If weather turn nasty and makes up to 1.5m wave and would take about 3 hours back to boat ramp… Not so funny and may lead to serious sitiuation

blizzard_22 - 04 October 2011 10:54 AM

I grew up fishing in the snowy mountains for trout. Mostly at Lake Eucumbene, so many good memories!!! Wish we got up there as often now as we use to. Cold but great!!!

On bait or lure ? just curious

Ah yes Blizz and K2 you guys are awesome fisherman!!!! wink

silent - 04 October 2011 11:05 AM
blizzard_22 - 04 October 2011 10:54 AM

On bait or lure ? just curious

Bait. Just use earth worms mostly. My mum has a strip of grass alongside her driveway which is perfect for them and we find monster worms there!!! We always know when family go fishing cause the grass is all dug up LOL

We are also going to take our fishing rods to the south coast on our mini honeymoon shaka

ozgirl - 04 October 2011 11:07 AM

I just dress better!

ozgirl - 04 October 2011 11:07 AM

did they catch any fish at the shreddit??? or just because of the dress… LOL

wow…fish dont come from the freezer? Ive always just eaten them straight out of the box! smile

Nice snapper Silent!